Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Have to restore? Outta luck? :(

Default HELP!! Have to restore? Outta luck? :(
    I successful JB my 3g on 3.1.2 BB 5.12.01 with spirt but my BF decided to reset the phone and now it is stuck on the Apple logo with a spinning wheel. I am trying to restore now but does this mean it will be unlockable now?

Any tips, guides, support?

Thank you SO much!

*successfully
    Last edited by iFoxyLady; 2010-07-26 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Nope, you're fine. Follow my steps for restore and remain on 3.1.2:

1) Download the 3.1.2 ipsw here:

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - iPhone 3G 3.1.2

Note: make sure you use Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera to download as sometimes IE puts it into a .zip file.

2) Open iTunes and hold down shift while clicking on "restore" (shift+restore) and when prompted, select the 3.1.2 ipsw you downloaded.

3) If you receive an error 1015, ignore it (click ok to exit out) and close iTunes.

4) Download Recboot here:

Download RecBoot v1.1.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

This will kick your phone out of recovery mode.

5) If you successfully restored without the error, skip the above step.
    6) If you used Recboot, continue reading. Your phone should reboot itself now.
    7) Download Redsn0w 0.9.3 here:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

8) In Redsn0w 0.9.3, browse for the same 3.1.2 ipsw you used before. Continue.
    9) Select only "Cydia" if you don't know what the other options mean.
    10) Continue and follow the on-screen prompts. Make sure your phone is OFF and plugged into your computer, as Redsn0w will say.
    11) When Redsn0w has finished and your phone has booted back up, you should now be able to access your springboard.
    12) Open Cydia and let it organize. When it closes, open it up again.
    13) Go to your search in Cydia and search "Ultrasn0w" (zero, not the letter O) and install it. Let it reboot your phone.

You should be jailbroken and unlocked now. If ultrasn0w doesn't kick up after 5 minutes, reboot it again. It should work then.

Good luck