Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g 3.1.3 unlock problem

Default iphone 2g 3.1.3 unlock problem
    Hi.. I have an iphone 2g n i've been using it on the unlocked 3.1.2 firmware for awhile. Naturally the phone's getting so laggy that i decided to upgrade it to 3.1.3. so i used snowbreeze to do it. i chose simple mode n everything worked, but i wanted to get rid of the custom boot logos. so i re-jailbroke it with expert mode but i forgot to check the unlock option. do it says no sim installed on my phone. so... i re-jailbroke it again with the unlock checked but after i done the bootneuter flash thing it still says no sim. i tried redsnow 0.9.4 on 3.1.3 and blackrain on 3.1.2. i still get the same thing.. n cydia wont work too.

So now i'm stuck on 3.1.3 and i cant use my phone. did i do anything wrong? y cant i unlock it? i need help..

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You should restore to stock 3.1.3 then use redsn0w 0.9.4 and select only Cydia and unlock and nothing else. That should work cuz I just jailbroke and unlocked a 2G for a friend. Remember to use a stock 3.1.3 to restore and the 3.1.2 ipsw for Redsn0w.

so i cant restore it with the 3.1.3 ipsw?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Yes you can. You just have to use the 3.1.2 ipsw for Redsn0w (you can use the 3.1.3 for iTunes shift+restore) because Redsn0w wont read the 3.1.3. This means you can be on 3.1.3 but you have to use the 3.1.2 for Redsn0w.

Remember to not use a custom fw but the stock one to restore to since the custom fw is your problem currently. Also make sure the version of redsn0w you use is 0.9.4.

ya i did all that. i restored with a stock 3.1.3 firmware and used 3.1.2 for redsnow 0.9.4. the problem is was redsnow dine everything for me the phone is still locked and bootneuter doesnt unlock it for me. plus cydia crashes everytime i try to start it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then restore to stock 3.1.2 and jailbreak with Blackra1n then try to install Bootneuter thru Cydia to unlock.

Honestly I cant tell you whats wrong if you already did whats supposed to be the easiest method for 3.1.3.

Going back and restoring to 3.1.2 is ok cuz 3.1.3 really doesnt do anything 3.1.2 cant do. You just probably needed a restore to clear your phone up of the lag that occurs over time sometimes.

Well I tried that already. Still doesn't work. I'm gonna try to restore to 3.0 and use redsnow 0.7.2 to unlock it. Maybe that will work. But thanks anyways

N the only reason I wanted 3.1.3 is because I wanted to wipe my phone n I thought I should just upgrade it at the same time. Never thought it will give me so much trouble

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well, I suppose my last advice is to just make sure your phone is in DFU mode when you restore it. Usually that fixes some problems that may occur...

still doesn't work-.-
    seems like bootneuter just cant unlock my phone, it still says no sim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey foolin, just a quick and simple possibility... have you tried the JB/Unlock with a different sim card? Same carrier or other? Since there's no reasonable explanation for your problem perhaps there's a bug with that sim card? Did you try also using the latest Pwnage Tool (if you use Mac)?
    Just covering all possibilities since your problem is rather strange!
    Cheers and good luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

as i am typing I am Re Jail Breaking after Updating my phone to 3.1.3(original) using Redsn0w 0.9.4 downloading jailbreaking data , Done! ,Flashing NOR,Bootneuter ,No Sim Card Installed(becz i removed it before JB) Its All Done With just oneProblem YouTube is Not working for now

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Install Push Doctor.

It should work. In some cases like mine, Push Doctor doesnt work right away. So if thats the case, go to settings>general>network>cellular data network

Reset networks. Then hard reset your phone (hold power+home until phone shuts off). Turn back on. Re-enter your APN settings. Now YouTube should work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Push Doctor. ! yes its working fine Thanks Alot