Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g 'no service' problem and carrier name

Default iphone 3g 'no service' problem and carrier name
    Hi, I'll talk about iPhone 3G 'No Service' Problem,
    I have found many opinions about this.
    I did all of them like airplane on/off, network reset/all reset..., so sometimes i can talk, send messages and all but when i change sim card it again goes to 'No Service'.
    I noticed that when I can talk, send messages that time under Settings/General/About/Carrier I see Carrier 7.0 but when it is on 'No Service' under carrier it says Carrier Lab 7.0

Anybody know about this Carrier Lab 7.0 and Carrier 7.0 difference??and the relation with 'No Service' ????

Thanks

hummm can't say i've ever looked but i just checked mine has "Orange UK 7.0" still don't get signal anyway :/ there's a wide spread problem with this and no one has come up with a soloution
    I don't suffer from insanity ..... i enjoy every single day of it

Quote Originally Posted by Rapala167 View Post
    hummm can't say i've ever looked but i just checked mine has "Orange UK 7.0" still don't get signal anyway :/ there's a wide spread problem with this and no one has come up with a soloution
    Could you upload a copy of the carrier plist, i cant get MMS to work at all, have edited plist to try to solve it (newbie so not 100%) would just like to compare - even tried changing version in the info.plist to a lower version - hoping when i went to the about screen it would update with no luck!

thanks