Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with redsn0w. iPhone enters recovery mode

Default Problem with redsn0w. iPhone enters recovery mode
    Hi there. This is my first post, but this site has definitely helped me with issues in the past. The problem is this. I have an iPhone 3g that was originally an AT&T phone. Well I just moved to germany. I updated to 4.0.1. Then I used redsn0w to jailbreak it. Now that I've used redsn0w, the phone automatically enters recovery mode. I've restored the phone twice just trying to see if I had done something wrong. I used the 4.0 .ipsw file to jailbreak. I can restore the phone, but I can't set it up due to my at&t sim card being deactivated. The ultimate goal was to unlock the phone so I could use t-mobile here in germany. So now I have a completely useless phone. The t-mobile sim card doesn't do anygood and the at&t card does me no good. I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
    n00b

Quote Originally Posted by bplyr500 View Post
    Hi there. This is my first post, but this site has definitely helped me with issues in the past. The problem is this. I have an iPhone 3g that was originally an AT&T phone. Well I just moved to germany. I updated to 4.0.1. Then I used redsn0w to jailbreak it. Now that I've used redsn0w, the phone automatically enters recovery mode. I've restored the phone twice just trying to see if I had done something wrong. I used the 4.0 .ipsw file to jailbreak. I can restore the phone, but I can't set it up due to my at&t sim card being deactivated. The ultimate goal was to unlock the phone so I could use t-mobile here in germany. So now I have a completely useless phone. The t-mobile sim card doesn't do anygood and the at&t card does me no good. I could use all the help I can get.

Thanks,
    n00b
    I cannot work out what you problem is with the information provided. Since you have a 3G you should be able to restore to any firmware and JB and unlock. I have attached a tutorial from iclarified for you to follow.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Mac) [4.0]