Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "cellular data network" tab / APN Setting

Default No "cellular data network" tab / APN Setting
    Hi everyone,

So once my iphone got unlocked using ultrasnow .93, I realized I just lost my 3g data. So I was told by some friend of mine to set a new APN network. Well, I followed the instructions in order to create it, but I could not find the Cellular Data Network tab in the iphone.. I just read somewhere that I am not the only one who lost this tab.

I got a Iphone jailbroken with Spirit.
    Fm : 3.1.3
    MB715LL

By the way, Is it a regular bug that internet does not work once unlocked ?

Does anybody have the correct information I got to put in for APN setting when under Rogers network?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you put your sim card in your phone yet? The settings won't show up until after you install your sim card.

The tab does not even show up with the original sim card.

Thanks

i downloaded a modded ipcc file and the apn came up once. i set it using goam.com and internet.com either one should work user is "wapuser1" and password is "wap" i have uploaded the ipcc file make sure you have your explorer setings to show the extension and rightclick rename and erase the zip part of the extension i did get this off this site i just can't remember what thread it was as i have looked at hundreds of pages the last couple days anyways use itunes to upload the ipcc file you may need to run this in a cmd prompt "CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1 then you should hold shift then click on update a window will open and there should be a drop down select ipcc and navigate to where the files is and click on it done then go into general network and it should be there i only had it come up once
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 32dave; 2010-07-23 at 05:48 AM. Reason: added info

Quote Originally Posted by McCready00 View Post
    Hi everyone,

So once my iphone got unlocked using ultrasnow .93, I realized I just lost my 3g data. So I was told by some friend of mine to set a new APN network. Well, I followed the instructions in order to create it, but I could not find the Cellular Data Network tab in the iphone.. I just read somewhere that I am not the only one who lost this tab.

I got a Iphone jailbroken with Spirit.
    Fm : 3.1.3
    MB715LL

By the way, Is it a regular bug that internet does not work once unlocked ?

Does anybody have the correct information I got to put in for APN setting when under Rogers network?

Thanks
    Jailbreaking and unlocking does not affect your APN settings. However, if the purpose of the unlock was to change carrier then you need to update your APN setting to reflect the new carrier.
    You can get APN settings from the web site "help.benm.at" and you can download the appropriate one and update it.
    It is not difficult to get the carrier settings display on the phone back but you have to be familar with Open SSH and be prepared to connect your desktop to the phone and modify one file. If you want instructions on how to do this respond to this post and I will post again.