Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please advise me: Updrade to save SHSH Blobs or dont?

Question Please advise me: Updrade to save SHSH Blobs or dont?
    I'll keep it short and sweet. I've got a 3Gs running 3.1.3 jailbroken using spirit, and my Blobs for 3.1.3 are saved via Cydia. I don't have 3.1.2 Blobs on file(Got the phone new with 3.1.3. Sucks, I know) The catch is I rely on an unlock, and do actually need to use my phone until a jailbreak for 4.0.1 is released.

So: Upgrade to 4.0.1, try to save SHSH Blobs on an unjailbroken iPhone. Then downgrade to 3.1.3 again, Jailbreak, unlock, and start from scratch.

Or: Risk it and hope apple doesn't screw this up too.(By patching comex's to be released Spirit for 4.0 and 4.0.1.

I would just wait. Since the jailbreak/unlock hasn't been released yet for 4.0.1 or 4.1 there is no reason to upgrade. Just hold off a little longer. I think you will be happy you did.

(If this helps you please hit thanks!)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

Save your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs now! You don't need to upgrade your phone to do this, just download the latest version of TinyUmbrella

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mateo_au For This Useful Post:

Puppetteer (2010-07-22)

Quote Originally Posted by mateo_au View Post
    Save your 4.0.1 SHSH blobs now! You don't need to upgrade your phone to do this, just download the latest version of TinyUmbrella
    Good advice, just get the latest version of tiny umbrella and save it now without upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by mateo_au View Post
    I was unaware that you could save SHSH blobs without upgading!

Thank you very much!