Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH Blobs

Default SHSH Blobs
    Hi all

I have a 3Gs JB with Spirit running 3.1.3.

I note on many guides that I should save my SHSH blobs to ensure I can unlock in the future. Most guides advise I need to do this with Cydia by clicking the "make life easier" button however this is no where to be found on my Cydia. I've reinstalled without any luck. What am I doing wrong.

I know I can save my blobs locally via umbrella but I'm curious as to why I can't with Cydia.

Thanks in advance.

I think from you use Unbrella its already in Cydia sp why do you want to?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Hi all

I note on many guides that I should save my SHSH blobs to ensure I can unlock in the future. Most guides advise I need to do this with Cydia by clicking the "make life easier" button however this is no where to be found on my Cydia. I've reinstalled without any luck. What am I doing wrong.

I know I can save my blobs locally via umbrella but I'm curious as to why I can't with Cydia.

Thanks in advance.
    It doesnt say on top in your Cydia home screen? Mine says it has 3.1.2 3.1.3 and 4.0 saved up in little letters on top in my Cydia.

If you used TinyUmbrella, you should be ok though.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    Hi all

Thanks in advance.
    The make your life option easier in Cydia only appears the first time you launch Cydia. Tiny Umbrella will save your SHSH blobs on Cydia as well as local. If you select the advance option and select Cydia as the source it sends the request to Cydia which gets the Blobs from Apple and saves them as well as passing them back to you.