Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yes or No Question

Default Yes or No Question
    I have a Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 new bootrom...I plan to borrow a sim card off a friend of mine(rogers) and put it in so i can access the iphone then i plan to jailbreak with spirit and add blackrain to cydia to unlock is that correct?

No that's incorrect u have to read more

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinfame View Post
    No that's incorrect u have to read more
    from?

Ok if u use an official sim card you can activate it throughout iTunes then u can use spirit to jailbreak your iPhone unless you have iTunes 9.2 once it's jailbroken you go to Cydia and choose the graphical only option then upgrade essential then go to sources and if repo666.ultrasn0w.com isn't there then u have to add that source once added then you click on it and you will see ultrasn0w install that and make sure your 3G is off before installing it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yo388 View Post
    I have a Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 new bootrom...I plan to borrow a sim card off a friend of mine(rogers) and put it in so i can access the iphone then i plan to jailbreak with spirit and add blackrain to cydia to unlock is that correct?
    The real answer is YES and the other is wrong, I dunno if he understood what is your question, trust me if you can activate your 3GS 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01 (if it's right I assumed)then you can used spirit but not blackrain instead used ultrasnow to unlock, and also there's no need to add anything just search ultrasnow in cydia and you can unlocked your iphone.

Thanks appreciated if this help!! CHEERS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joieboy2005 For This Useful Post:

yo388 (2010-07-21)

If the source isn't there he can't just find ultrasn0w because it comes from the repo666.ultrasn0w.com but that's why I said check if it's already there also if he has iTunes 9.2 and runs spirit his phone will go on a infinite boot loop

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Bottom line,
    Activate, Spirit for the jailbreak, ultrasn0w for the unlock. No need for anything else.

Note: Because of your new bootrom, be care to NOT update to 4.x. A new bootrom solution is in the works, but not currently released.

Note2: Once you've jailbroken .... use Cydia's 'Make My Life Easier'. Don't delay with this step. The window is closing.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-07-21 at 06:06 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinfame View Post
    If the source isn't there he can't just find ultrasn0w because it comes from the repo666.ultrasn0w.com but that's why I said check if it's already there also if he has iTunes 9.2 and runs spirit his phone will go on a infinite boot loop
    It's a question if he can jailbreak/unlocked his iphone LOL how can you assumed he have itunes 9.2 or something since he never even said it READ the LINES
    have you jailbreak an i phone recently when you used the new spirit it will include repo666 in cydia that's why I said there's no need to add repo666 since it's included in new spirit jailbreak.
    CHEERS!!!!

btw is there any way to hacktivate the 3.1.3 new bootrom

Quote Originally Posted by joieboy2005 View Post
    It's a question if he can jailbreak/unlocked his iphone LOL how can you assumed he have itunes 9.2 or something since he never even said it READ the LINES
    have you jailbreak an i phone recently when you used the new spirit it will include repo666 in cydia that's why I said there's no need to add repo666 since it's included in new spirit jailbreak.
    CHEERS!!!!
    I didn't assume he had iTunes I'm just givin him a heads up