Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: update to IOS 4.0 for 3GS 16G 5.13.xx. Please help me.

Exclamation update to IOS 4.0 for 3GS 16G 5.13.xx. Please help me.
    Dear Bro.
    I used Iphone 3GS 16G 3.1.3 5.13.xx (lock AT&T) and some day ago, i updated to IOS 4.0, but it not operation. and i used to restore by DUF with IOS custem 4.0.
    i saved SSH 4.0, not saved SSH 3.1.3. and now i cant restore to 3.1.3
    please help me.

thanks

Thanks

first of all i would reccomend spell check ....

second i reccomend using itunes to restore to 3.1.3 then jailbreak and by the sounds of it you've lost your unlock but don't hold me to that as i've never backed up shsh blobs also as i am aware there is an update due soon for unlocking
    I don't suffer from insanity ..... i enjoy every single day of it

Unfortunatley, without blobs saved for anything lower than 4.0, you're stuck on either 4.0 or 4.0.1! AFAIK there's no way to unlock at the moment, but there is a tool thats ready to release as soon as the iOS 4.0 JB is released (litteraly days left now it seems).

As far as getting your phone running again in the mean time, you won't be able to load a custom iOS 4.0, you'll have to use the official one.

thanks guys.
    if you have any way to unlock, please give me advice ASAP
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pikachubr007 View Post
    Dear Bro.
    I used Iphone 3GS 16G 3.1.3 5.13.xx (lock AT&T) and some day ago, i updated to IOS 4.0, but it not operation. and i used to restore by DUF with IOS custem 4.0.
    i saved SSH 4.0, not saved SSH 3.1.3. and now i cant restore to 3.1.3
    please help me.

thanks
    If the phone was on 3.1.3 with 5.13.xx then the previous owner must have updated it to 4 and then downgraded it. There is no way of getting baseband 5.13.xx without an upgrade and then downgrade. That almost certainly means that there are SHSH saved for this phone.

You should get Tiny Umbrella from here.

The Firmware Umbrella

Run it in the advance mode and select Iphone 3GS FW 3.1.3 and select Cydia as the source. This will check CYDIA to see if it has your SHSH and report back to you. Once you have established that you have SHSH saved for 3.1.3 you can downgrade the phone back to 3.1.3 by modifying the Host file on your computer and doing a normal restore through Itunes. If you need help with modifying your host file check Iclarify for Tutorial.

Once you have restored you can jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w which will available through Cydia.