Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.0

Default iPhone 3GS 4.0
    I am buying an iPhone 3GS 4.0[firmware] this thursday , and I Use tmobile , I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an unlocking and or jailbreaking program ? Please let me know soooon ! I don't want to buy this phone & not be able to use it ..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope. Plain and simple to jailbreak a 3gs you need to downgrade to 3.1.2 and move up from there, to downgrade a 3gs you need cydia saved SHSH blobs from 3.1.2 and guessing the phones never been jailbroken and the original owner clicked "make my life easier" button as of right now its impossible I've been trying all month. sorry to break the news but if you want to jailbreak/unlock don't buy that phone.. and become stuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiaBaadAss View Post
    I am buying an iPhone 3GS 4.0[firmware] this thursday , and I Use tmobile , I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an unlocking and or jailbreaking program ? Please let me know soooon ! I don't want to buy this phone & not be able to use it ..
    When buying a 3GS, you should consider the old bootrom, have jailbroken before so there will be shsh saved, preferably at version anywhere from 3.0 to 3.1.3. There is no jailbreak at 4.0 yet.

If the iphone has the 3.0 or 3.0.1 version, it is definitely an old bootrom but it is very unlikely you will get that.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-21 at 07:34 AM.