Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activation, Jailbreak, & unlock question!

Default Activation, Jailbreak, & unlock question!
    I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 (new bootrom) and an iPhone 3GS with 4.0 (new Bootroom). I am wondering, do I need to jailbreak before I unlock my iPhone?

Can I just activate my iPhone, and unlock my iphone without jailbreak??

Are there any tools just for me to activate my iPhone, so I can use spirits to JB my phone? I bought two of my iPhone from Canada, and I am in Hong Kong right now. I don't have the official sim card. Can anyone help me with my issue? I am really tired of tethered jailbreak.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by smart_jo View Post
    I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 (new bootrom) and an iPhone 3GS with 4.0 (new Bootroom). I am wondering, do I need to jailbreak before I unlock my iPhone?

Are there any tools just for me to activate my iPhone, so I can use spirits to JB my phone? I bought two of my iPhone from Canada, and I am in Hong Kong right now. I don't have the official sim card. Can anyone help me with my issue? I am really tired of tethered jailbreak.

Thank you!
    I see that you are new to the modmyi family... so welcome.Yes you can JB with spirit. The guide on this website will show you how to do the jailbreak/unlock. Refer to the guides listed at the top of the page. new boot is unlocked with snowbreeze. if you follow the instructions you should have no problem. Keep a look out periodically on the site for information about jailbreaks/unlocks. Good Luck!

(Please hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

aym76 (2010-07-22), SunnyMido (2010-07-22)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The phone on 3.1.2 can be jailbroken with spirit. The one one 4.0 cannot currently be jailbroken unless you have saved the shsh blobs for 3.1.3 through cydia or locally.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smart_jo View Post

Thank you!
    Get a phone book sim card from Radio Shack , put it in , plug into Itunes and pull out the cable, it will activate it for you and then you can jailbreak with Spirit.
    You have to jailbreak first before you can unlock it with Ultrasn0w.

I got my iPhone 3.1.2 jailbreak with blackrain, how can I restore it and jailbreak with spirit again? as I don't have the shsh blob backed up!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey smart Jo I'm in hongkong now maybe you can PM me your mobile so that I can contact you for activation, CHEEERS!!!

does anyone know if it is possible to unlock and jailbreak the iphone 2g with the new iphone 4.0

currently running 3.1.3
    04.05.04_G