Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: weird issue with jailbreak 3G 3.1.3

Default weird issue with jailbreak 3G 3.1.3
    hi everyone - first time user to the iPhone, have had the iPod Touch 2G for a while now and recently purchases the iPhone.

this weekend i attempted to jailbreak/unlock (but primarily jailbreak) the phone.

iOS 3.1.3
    Firmware 05.13.04

i tried everything i could. redsn0w. blackra1n. sn0wbreeze. you name it. i tried it.

i know how to get it into DFU (wrong acronym?) with the whole 2 buttons, release the power, hold the home...yadda yadda

everytime i did it i would get pretty far it would get stuck on one of the reboot phases and never work. i also NEVER got the white screen ive heard everyone talk about.

so, after about 4 hours or trying (yes, 4 hours at least) i FINALLY got it back to 3.1.3.. i am a prepaid AT&T user so i orig just popped in my SIM. obviously the WIFI would NOT work.

well, in the process of trying to jailbreak/unlock the phone, the WIFI started working! it gets my email while at home, surfs safari and gets to the APP store, so it works...kinda.

now, i still want it jailbroken. anyone have ne thoughts? i was trying to jailbreak it on my Netbook...would processing power have ne thing to do with getting it free?

thanks everyone for your help !! lovin' my iphone!

What Iphone model do you have? 2G,3G,3GS or Iphone4?
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

good morning

well, it does not say '3G' on the back, but i believe it is 3G as it is the silver with a black back....? 8GB BTW

thanks

Did you try spirit?

actually, i looked at Spirit and it was the one i DID NOT try...however every single time i tried with each different progy i got the same problem, the iphone would not reboot or w/e and the unlocking process could not finish.

as a matter of fact, i even got the 'done' and 'finished' from balckra1n and/or redsn0w! but to do that i had to reboot the iphone and obviously that didnt work...i NEVER saw the pineapple or a white screen or anything. during the whole 4 hours the screen was never anything but black or standard plug screen

also, will it make a difference if this was upgraded to 3.1.3? im prertty sure when i had to do it with ra1n i had to use 3.1.2..?

dam, this can surely get confusing! lol

thanks for your help everyone!

No it doesn't matter that you are on 3.1.3 firmware, because the 3.1.2 firmware through redsnow pulls some files from 3.1.3 firmware during the jailbreak process. What I would do is this. Do a complete restore with Itunes to 3.1.3. Then use redsnow 9.4 to process the jailbreak. Or you can use pwnage tool (mac) build the firmware, press shift restore in itunes, then use the 3.1.2 build firmware.

(Hit the thanks button if this helps)

alright, i am going to give this a try as soon as i get home tonight. i will let you guys know if it works...

i just dont want it NOT to work cause i finally got the WIFI working...lol

this CAN be done right?? its not like there are certain Iphones that cannot be jailbroken?

just want to make sure i can make it to the end game lol

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by GoJoe View Post
    alright, i am going to give this a try as soon as i get home tonight. i will let you guys know if it works...

i just dont want it NOT to work cause i finally got the WIFI working...lol

this CAN be done right?? its not like there are certain Iphones that cannot be jailbroken?

just want to make sure i can make it to the end game lol

thanks again
    Yes, you can do this... Only the Iphone 4 and 3GS NEW BOOT cannot be jailbroken. From what you are saying, it should work out. Good luck.

(hit the thanks button if this helps)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'd say that you should just try with Spirit, since it doesn't require as much as the other methods, it's a simple one-click jailbreak. I've tried it on at least 5 iPhones, two of which wouldn't be jailbroken by blackra1n.

And to elcaptain0069:
    It's only iPhone 4 which can't be jailbroken, 3GS New Bootrom can be jailbroken by sn0wbreeze now.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x ZackehSoul x For This Useful Post:

elcaptain0069 (2010-07-19), GoJoe (2010-07-22)

Quote Originally Posted by x ZackehSoul x View Post
    I'd say that you should just try with Spirit, since it doesn't require as much as the other methods, it's a simple one-click jailbreak. I've tried it on at least 5 iPhones, two of which wouldn't be jailbroken by blackra1n.

And to elcaptain0069:
    It's only iPhone 4 which can't be jailbroken, 3GS New Bootrom can be jailbroken by sn0wbreeze now.
    Ahh... you are right! thanks... my bad Go Joe

(hit the thanks button if this helps)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

GoJoe (2010-07-22)

thanks fellas!

im going to give Spirit a try when i get home today!

i will definetly let you all know!

thanks again

dam it - spirit gives me nother but dll errors. even tried the iFixer' and no go.

blackrain actually FINISHES and tells me it will be ready once it restarts.....it never restarts. itunes come back up and says i have to restore my phone to get it working. obv i just use the 2 button thing and get it back to baseline...

im gettin frusterated here - - could it be a prob with too little processing power? or memory? im doing this on my netbook....i just dont f'ing get it???

thanks for the help fellas...what next?

edited my post instead of posting a new one - - - am it - spirit gives me nother but dll errors. even tried the iFixer' and no go.

blackrain actually FINISHES and tells me it will be ready once it restarts.....it never restarts. itunes come back up and says i have to restore my phone to get it working. obv i just use the 2 button thing and get it back to baseline...

im gettin frusterated here - - could it be a prob with too little processing power? or memory? im doing this on my netbook....i just dont f'ing get it???

thanks for the help fellas...what next?
    Last edited by GoJoe; 2010-07-22 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think you are going to have to do another firmware restore to give us a clean baseline.

The 3G can be jailbroken on any OS version but 4.0 is supposed to be a bit slow. Once you get the clean restore tell us what you got on and we can tell you the best tool.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eyeRobot For This Useful Post:

GoJoe (2010-07-22)

HEY EVERYONE....

JUST TRIED IT ON MY VISTA DESKTOP AND IT WORKED THE FIRST TIME - RIGHT NOW THE IPHONE IS GOING THROUGH THE TRIPPY FIRST SCREEN AND INSTALLING SOMETHING

MANNN I AM HAPPY!!! MY NIGHT HAS REVOLVED AROUND THIS LOL

THANKS AGAIN EVERY ONE

O AND FYI THE DESKTOP WAS RUNNING VISTA AND ITUNES 9.2.0.61

DOWLOADED SPIRIT - PLUGGED IN THE PHONE - HIT THE BUTTON AND DONE

AWESOME!

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, REALIZED IT HALF WAY THROUGH AND I AM NOT RETYPING ALL OF THAT...thanks again gentlemen!!

I'm not sure you should have used spirit with the latest iTunes. Check out the page Spirit for instructions.

yea i understand, however the desktop did not even so much as recognize the phone - i backed it up on my netbook, whcih was running 9.1.

should i except any problems?

just instailled cydia and it worked flawlessly and wifi same

i also just got hte message about apple and something about keeping a file - lol i agreed and it seems to be working great

am i good to go here guys???

If it's working then great. Not sure how though!!!!!

everything is working perfectly fellas - spirit worked great.

may of had something to do with XP, wouldnt work on XP, working in secods on vista!

Good to hear about a positive result. Most people are so selfish they don't respond once they've got their result. So thanks to you too! Enjoy!