Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help baseband 5.13.04 bootloader 6.4 i need to unlock as i have a new contract :S

Default help baseband 5.13.04 bootloader 6.4 i need to unlock as i have a new contract :S
    im already on ios4 due to my phone playing up and not accepting any of the 3.1.3 files due to itunes checking them and not letting me restore it so i had to get a 4.0 firmware

is there anyway possible i can downgrade the software etc so i can get my unlock and then move back to ios4 ?

Thanks

Unless you saved your files in the SHSH, I don't think that you can go down from there, since Apple stopped signing those files.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

i have my shsh files saved but i still cant seem to get any firmware to load nut the stock 4.0 one and iv trirf everything under the sun just about

i cant seem t find a clear enough guide for tiny umbrellas server thing which should mimick apples and use the blobs i have saved on cydua

Thanks

long shot but have you tried using itunes and selecting your firmware file ? holding shift when you click restore
    I don't suffer from insanity ..... i enjoy every single day of it

yep i sure did , i have my shsh things on cydia apparently using umbrella but i just catn seem to get the thing to accept a hacked firmware

Is this a 3GS because your profile says 3G?

sorry yeh its a 3gs il need to change that

Did you follow the guide exactly as per the one on here? Changing the hosts file etc?

Which SHSH files do you have saved? Are they on sauriks server or saved locally?

Quote Originally Posted by gordyboyuk View Post
    im already on ios4 due to my phone playing up and not accepting any of the 3.1.3 files due to itunes checking them and not letting me restore it so i had to get a 4.0 firmware

is there anyway possible i can downgrade the software etc so i can get my unlock and then move back to ios4 ?
    Sorry, it sounds like you might have to wait until 4.1 firmware comes out in order to back up shsh files again. if you saved them correctly they should show up in itunes (shift + restore). If you can't access them from there... you might be out luck.

(hit the thanks button if this helped)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

why would i hold shift restore and point to my shsh files ? i thought shift restore was to point to firmware that is located elsewhere than where itunes saves its original firmwares ?

Quote Originally Posted by gordyboyuk View Post
    why would i hold shift restore and point to my shsh files ? i thought shift restore was to point to firmware that is located elsewhere than where itunes saves its original firmwares ?
    Your firmware is the issue here... isn't it? You can't find 3.1.3 firmware to downgrade for the jailbreak which would be found on your itunes. You said you used umbrela to save shsh files. if you did that correctly, it should show when you hold shift + restore. Without that you are screwed until the next update which is suppossed to be 4.1.

(Hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...