Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with a VIRGIN 3Gs

Default Problems with a VIRGIN 3Gs
    I have a 3Gs that was my sisters friend. He is a legit ATT user and never jailbroke or unlocked this phone. He updated legitimately everytime for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 and then on to 4.0

He got his iPhone 4 and now wants to unlock this 3Gs to sell and break even. I'm having a huge problem getting this phone to react to anything other than a certified firmware build, so I'm guessing a completely virgin 3Gs can't be jailbroken or unlocked right now?

yes. Without an image, or "SHSH blob" of an older firmware (3.1.2,3.1.3,etc) which contains the phone specific signature issued by apple, saved via cydia, there is no way currently to jailbreak and then unlock iOS 4.0 on the 3gs. You will have to wait until a new Jailbreak method or tool is released which should hopefully be very soon, since apple is dropping the 4.0.1. Maybe if us less-knowledgeable make this clear to all who don't know the powers that be will have more time to work on the new jailbreaks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to evasivenotraKcs For This Useful Post:

giancarlo (2010-07-16)

Thanks for the answer

Yep, I know it isn't what ya wanted to hear, as I'm sitting on a waiting to be jbn 3GS as well.