Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 JB/UL 3GS stuck on slide screen? Cant restore

Default 3.1.3 JB/UL 3GS stuck on slide screen? Cant restore
    I JB/UL this phone a few days ago with Spirit/Ultrasn0w. It was working fine until I DL an app (iblacklist). I restarted the phone and it got stuck on the slide screen and frozen. I put in DFU mode and tried to connect to itunes because rebooting phone didnt work. Itunes says apple must search for updates and I cancel the box. Now itunes will not recognize the phone. How can I get passed this? Can I DL different version of itunes?

Not sure if it matters or not but im in the US and using Tmobile. I never personally saved the SHSH files but when I last JB and opened cydia it said they were saved for 3.1.3 and another but not sure which one. Any help is greatly apprceiated. Seems liked everytime I get the phone working JB/UL it screws up and is a problem. Love this damn thing tho!!
    Last edited by Newiphone27; 2010-07-14 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If when you first opened cydia and clicked a button that said "make my life easier" you saved them. The easiest way to get your phone recognized by itunes is to activate it with an AT&T simcard (if your phone is stuck at the "connect to itunes/emergency call" screen). If you have a friend with AT&T ask if you can borrow theirs for 5 minutes. After its activated you should be able to run spirit and run ultrsn0w if you are still on 3.1.3.

If you got updated to iOS 4 you should be able to go back to 3.1.3 just follow this guide.

Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | OS X

Then you should be able to re-run Spirit and rerun ultrasn0w.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

limera1n for iOS 4 jb all idevices untethered http://wesleyk.me/apps/limera1n.zip

NO! Not limerain.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Ya limera1n isn't anything real so I'd stay away from whatever that guy posted.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?