Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.3 3gs stuck apple logo Cannot restore!

Burnout, you've got a 3G. Jeremy has a 3GS.

Your helpful link has been quoted by Jeremy above and you can see clearly the reasons why he can't follow that guide.

Further, I don't see in the guide anywhere where it says to install a legit 4.0. If he does he will not be able to JB his phone.

You create a custom firmware and install that.
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-14 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burnout399 View Post
    Westonben, i installed a Legit OS4, then jailbroke it with the pwnageTool. Check your facts

berlin_jeremy:

at first it will be a legit OS4,
    then you unlock it

"then i would follow the instructions on this link:
    Jailbreak iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0 / 4.01 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie "
    How can you be on official iOS 4.0 and jailbreak with Pwnage tools. It is not possible, if you say it is possible, can you describe the steps on how you do it.

Thanks Yeow. Thought I was going mad. Well actually I was when I was told to check my facts.

depend if he can get out of recovery mode. i know when i was stuck in recovery mode, no custom OS would install, kept getting an error, i had to install a legit OS4(i didnt have a backup i could restore to), before i could jailbreak

its possible, i have done it, ill write up the steps-by-step, later

I guessing you went from a legit 4.0 back to 3.1.2/3.1.3 and then did a custom restore. May be possible on the 3G, but not on a 3GS with no SHSH blobs on file.

Will eagerly await the write-up though.

didn't down-convert to 3.1.2/3.1.3, it was a legit OS4 --> jailbroken OS4

There are millions of people waiting for a solution to do just that, especially those with the new bootrom (like Jeremy), so please give us the write as soon as you can.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westonben View Post
    I guessing you went from a legit 4.0 back to 3.1.2/3.1.3 and then did a custom restore. May be possible on the 3G, but not on a 3GS with no SHSH blobs on file.

Will eagerly await the write-up though.
    Yeah, the condition to use Pwnage tool or SnowBreeze : you must be jailbroken prior to using either SnowBreeze or Pwnage tools.
    I am waiting to see how he can jailbreak at iOS 4.0 without downgrading on a 3GS and restoring to CFW created by Pwnage tool.

So, I was looking at ih8sn0w.com about Sn0wbreeze and it looks like for the 3gs with 3.1.3 with the new bootrom it doesnt work.
    It says its for New bootrom with 3.1.2

sn0wbreeze - V1.7 iREB

* iPhone 3G
    * iPhone 3G[S] - old bootrom | New bootrom running 3.1.2
    * iPod Touch 2G - MB/MC running 3.1.2
    * iPod Touch 3G - running 3.1.2

WHat do you think guys?

You are right, I see 3.1.3 can't be done on the new bootrom. I'm sorry to say you are out of luck. You are going to have to wait for new jailbreaks at iOS4.0.

There's an "unofficial" program called spirit2pwn which you must not use either, as that's only for old bootrom.

Bad luck, just play the waiting game and don't be tempted to go to 4.0 legit or you will also reduce your chances of getting it ever JB again.

Can anyone help me? Im stuck on apple logo after installing blacksn0w saved my shsh through cydia and currently have 3.1.3 05.12.01, im trying to get out of this apple logo screen without restoring if possible if not what can I do?

Try irecovery to see if it can get you out, but I think you will have to do a restore. What was it JB with?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12