Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HoW to Activate/Hacktivate my Iphone without Original SimCard

Default HoW to Activate/Hacktivate my Iphone without Original SimCard
    Just recently my iphone's wifi did work due to some random wifi reset at my house .. so i decided to restore since i have clicked that "make life easier" button in cydia while i was on 3.1 ...

However i discover that ... .... i dont actually know how to make my iphone work again -.- (3gs 3.1.3 now) ... and its stuck in emergency call screen ...

Therefore it will be appreciated if someone comes up with a method...

I have also heard that some dude on twitter managed to unlock iphone 3.1.3 with new baseband but no new posts or tutorials were posted...

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xK3nyx View Post
    Just recently my iphone's wifi did work due to some random wifi reset at my house .. so i decided to restore since i have clicked that "make life easier" button in cydia while i was on 3.1 ...

However i discover that ... .... i dont actually know how to make my iphone work again -.- (3gs 3.1.3 now) ... and its stuck in emergency call screen ...

Therefore it will be appreciated if someone comes up with a method...

I have also heard that some dude on twitter managed to unlock iphone 3.1.3 with new baseband but no new posts or tutorials were posted...

Cheers
    The easiest way to do is to get an official sim card to activate your Iphone. Once activated, run Spirit jailbreak and unlock with Ultrasn0w version 0.93.

The tougher way, if you don't have the official sim card, you must donwgrade to 3.1.2 but you must he 3.1.2 shsh blogs. If you can manage to restore to 3.1.2, then you can use blackra1n or Redsn0w to hactivate , jailbreak it. Once done, unlock with Ultrasn0w again. Remember, if your Iphone is New Bootrom, Blackra1n or Redsn0w will give you a tethered jailbreak, so think wisely.

So but how can i possible check my official carrier sim oO .. i bought my iphone during an overseas trip to china cos my old phone broke ...

And is there an other possible option such as using turbo-simcards or any other programmable simcards ?

Thnx

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you bought your phone in China I'd say there is a good chance it is factory unlocked. However if your phone isn't working with the sim card you have then it is most likely locked to AT&T. What service provider do you have?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi xk3nyx click the link below about how to get through checking your iphone carrier.

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ml#post5340047

Hope I Can Help CHEERS!!!