Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w/hacktivation

Default Ultrasn0w/hacktivation
    Hi not sure where i went wrong here but here is the scenario:
    had my iphone 3gs jailbroken with spirit 3.1.2 (or 3.1.3 not sure) and ultrasn0w to unlock the sim - had that running fine for a while
    decided to upgrade to ios4 today so i first used spirit2pwn and then upgraded to ios4 using sn0wbreeze
    in the installation it asked me if i wanted to unlock with hacktivation so i said yes
    looks like the upgrade completed successfully except i get no service.....doesn't say no sim or invalid sim just no service
    is it possible that ultrasn0w is still running in the background even though i upgraded and unlocked again
    if that is the case how do i uninstall one of the unlocks
    i checked cydia and can not find the package that is the unlock from sn0wbreeze
    Last edited by timdill; 2010-07-13 at 01:22 AM.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

thank you for the quick response.....i know how to install ultrasn0w but when i upgraded with sn0wbreeze it said it unlocked it..... my question was really can there be 2 methods of unlocking running at the same time and interfering with each other

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure about that, I would say try ultasnow and if that don't work use your shsh blobs to downgrade and start over.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timdill View Post
    thank you for the quick response.....i know how to install ultrasn0w but when i upgraded with sn0wbreeze it said it unlocked it..... my question was really can there be 2 methods of unlocking running at the same time and interfering with each other
    Snowbreeze will not give you the option to unlock on a 3GS, so snowbreeze did not install any unlocking tool. Let Cydia update it and search for Ultrasn0w version 0.9.3 to unlock, if it is not there, you can add this repo to cydia : repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    The last thing is you cannot install two unlocking tools on an Iphone, you will just screw it up. You have to uninstall the one you don't want , only then you can install the one you want.