Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS old bootrom HOW TO JAILBREAK

Default Iphone 3GS old bootrom HOW TO JAILBREAK
    I have a iphone 3gs 32GB which i bought online. It has 4.0 currently on it which is not jailbroken. I want to jailbreak it and unlock it. How do I do this? Please help!!!

Model- MC137LL
    Baseband- 5.13.04
    F/W- 4.0

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No, you can't at the moment.

Why not? What is it that I am waiting for?

You can't yet jailbreak an iPhone already on iOS4.0. You would need to be on an older firmware and then jailbreak there before doing a custom firmware upgrade to 4.0.

In order to downgrade to older firmware you would need to have SHSH blobs on file for either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3.

If your phone hasn't been jailbroken before then you're out of luck for now. Just wait.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You bought it online where? Is it brand new or is it second hand? If it has been owned before then you may have a chance that it was jailbroken before and that there are ShsH filed stored.

I'm having the same issue. Since I was born without the patience gene, I'm just reselling mine and finding one that will work.

I have a 3gs, it was jailbrokenn and cydia running great. The phone completly locked up. I finally gave up and tried several times just to update it to the 4.0 via a restore. That finally took. I can't downgrade it at all now. I have multilple errors. I have access to mac and windows. Do I just need to wait?

Unfortunately, yes. You're stuck for now. Unless you can downgrade
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-13 at 04:10 AM.

and how do i attempt to downgrade ?

Instructions:
    Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows

But as per earlier posts, you are reliant on the previous owner having saved SHSH blobs on sauriks server. Follow the instructions and see if it works try both 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 because either could be there and both can be jailbroken and unlocked with Spirit and ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You bought it online where? Is it brand new or is it second hand? If it has been owned before then you may have a chance that it was jailbroken before and that there are ShsH filed stored.
    i have an MB Model, 5.13.4 on iOS4 3GS 16gb, pretty much the same boat. Mine was previously owned, possibly jb/unlocked..cause he charged me 15 extra to unlock it for TMO, is there a way i can search cydia for my SHSH blobs? i dont know how this works but i would love to have my phone unlocked, this blackberry blows lol

Go to the downgrading section and search there. I asked this question there just yesterday.

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...hsh-blobs.html
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-14 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Exclamation To Unlock New Iphone 3gs 4.0 firmware
    Hi All,

Do anybody know how to jailbreak and unlock new iphone 3gs on 4.0 version?

I tried snowbreez and redsn0w but no luck?

Thanks
    Shakeel

It can't be done.

When are we expecting this to be out??? Days? Weeks? Months??

I'm also waiting, but I bought mine knowing I would be waiting, so the fact that I was also born w/o the patience gene is minimalized Ty to the smart guys doing all this research and work to figure out how to unlock our favorite phones

has anyone tried with the new snownbreeze 1.7
    im trying to JB/unlock an
    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    iOS 4.0
    its has never been JB/Unlock
    (/)EMESIS

You can't go to 4.0 now that 4.0.1 is out. You need to wait for a new version.

This is what ih8sn0w said about 4.0.1 and sn0wbreeze:

"4.0.1 support is meant to come in a few days. doesnít apply much. so itíll be easy"
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-19 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When did they say that? That would be great if it comes this week!

I'm leading you up the garden path - sorry. I was responding to nemesis post above.

This new sn0wbreeze is for people upgrading from already JB iPhones 3.1.2/3.1.3 to 4.0.1

If you're on a stock 4.0/4.0.1 already there's still no word when a JB may be out.

Ih8sn0w said the above on 16th July I believe
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-19 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast