Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Total N00b help, ATT to Virgin Mobile?

Default Total N00b help, ATT to Virgin Mobile?
    My son's father got him an iphone for his birthday with ATT well, ATT does not work at our house, I have Virgin Mobile and so did he before the iphone and we both love the service (And the price) Is there anyway I can get him on Virgin with his iphone,
    The specs are: It is STILL active with ATT
    32 GB 3GS Firmware 5.13.04 software version 4.0. Mod# a1303
    PLEASE bare with me, I am excellent with computers and such but this iphone/Apple thing is all new to me so go easy
    Any help would be GREAT thanks!

since Virgin is CDMA-using Sprint network (no SIM) and ATT is GSM so they are not compatible...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rumcajs For This Useful Post:

cloie74 (2010-07-10)

Is there another prepay type place that I could try, or any other option to go with for a non contract provider NOT ATT lol

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

T-Mobile. Depending on your area (check with T-Mobile), sometimes T-Mobile has better reception than AT&T. In some cases, AT&T fares better in coverage than T-Mobile. It really just depends on where you live so check out T-Mobile as that is your only (major carrier) GSM option (at least that I would recommend if AT&T is not for you).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

rumcajs (2010-07-10)

Quote Originally Posted by cloie74 View Post
    Is there another prepay type place that I could try, or any other option to go with for a non contract provider NOT ATT lol
    As others have suggested T-Mobile is your only other option. However, you will have to JB and Unlock to use T-Mobile. This is very simple if you do not upgrade to IOS4. Since you have already updated you will have to wait for a new JB from the Dev team.
    Last edited by nebo1ss; 2010-07-10 at 06:52 PM.