Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios4.0 need hactivation?

Question ios4.0 need hactivation?
    ok i have currently taken a 3G updated it to 4.0.. then i used redsn0w to JB it and add Cydia.. then turned off 3G and installed ultrasn0w from cydia but it still says "waiting for activation this may take some time" any help here please

also if it helps i do not have a SIM card in the phone and only have an att one here at this time.. the phone is going to be used on TMO but the sim card is 4hours away from me currently.. This only happens when the att card is in the phone so is it just the att card looking to be activated?

Thanks

Wait until you have your T-MO sim card and it should work fine.

Thanks

You need the ATT sim to activate.

ok those both just made it confusing.. lol i have the att sim so how do i get it to activate technically i need it to hactivate cause it will never be on att... Problem is i normally just JB phones and change a bunch of stuff via ssh this is the first unlock for me

Thanks

Just use the att sim to activate the phone, then put your other sim in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2010-07-09)

Ok so how do it do that.. when i put it in the phone it says waiting for activation this may take some time... is some days not long enough LOL also when i plug into itunes it backs up etc and still does nothing for activation...

On a side note i have a working ATT sim card in my personal iphone 3G can i put that on in there then back into my phone once it activates that one?
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2010-07-09 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErikSocal View Post
    Ok so how do it do that.. when i put it in the phone it says waiting for activation this may take some time... is some days not long enough LOL also when i plug into itunes it backs up etc and still does nothing for activation...

On a side note i have a working ATT sim card in my personal iphone 3G can i put that on in there then back into my phone once it activates that one?
    Yes of course you can use present AT&T sim card to activate, when you activate it , the carrier settings will be downloaded onto your Iphone. But if you put in an unactivated sim card in, it will trigger the Iphone into Home Screen, not activated but you can jailbreak at Home Screen using jailbreak tool that does not hactivate it, then once jailbroken, if you unlock it,it will be activated on your unofficial carrier and a carrier settings will be applied to this phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2010-07-10)

Yeap popped in the ATT sim and it activated didnt even think it was as simple as that lol thanks everyone!