Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock 3GS on 4.0

Default Unlock 3GS on 4.0
    I bought an iPhone 3gs on craigslist and it is on 4.0. It is not jail broken. Can I jailbreak and unlock it? If so, please help me by posting the appropriate links.

I read online but the more I read, the more I get confused. I don't want to brick my iPhone trying to do something I am not comfortable.

Thank you

I am in the same boat....at this time, you can not unlock a 3GS with 4.0...at least on a PC...on a MAC, it may be possible. I am still doing some reading myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aguyindallas View Post
    I am in the same boat....at this time, you can not unlock a 3GS with 4.0...at least on a PC...on a MAC, it may be possible. I am still doing some reading myself.
    I think you may find what you're looking for here iClarified - Unlock Wizard for iPhone

Hope that helps!
    Watch Your Favourite Movies on Your iPad with FREE iPad Video Converter
    Protect you iPad in style with these Premium iPad Leather Case

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zigzagler For This Useful Post:

aguyindallas (2010-07-09)

Mine also hasn't been jailbroken before, because I bought it off ebay the seller removed all his data and updated to 4.0 through iTunes.

It was locked to the O2 network (UK) and couldnt use the phone as I was on Vodafone.

Due to not being able to downgrade / unlock / jailbreak 4.0 yet on 3GS (unless previously done) I had to get O2 to unlock it for me. It took 4 days for them.

So now I am currently running 3GS iOS4 un jailbroken but unlocked. I can't wait to jailbreak but for the moment I am ok using it as just an iPhone rather than just an iPod touch

How much was o2 unlock?