Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Previously unlocked 3GS was reset to factory settings - how do I unlock again

Default Previously unlocked 3GS was reset to factory settings - how do I unlock again
    Hi, I have a 3GS that was previously unloced but was forced into DFU since it got hung. It is now on the lates OS and Firmware: 4.0 OS and 05.13.04 Firmware. How can I unlock it again?

Thanks,

if it was unlocked previously... then there is shsh blobs saved..

find and download tinyumbrella.. this will check/see what is out there for your phone meaning. If you have 3.1.3 shsh blobs saved then you can restore your phone to 3.1.3 and unlock it from there.

Would I have shsh blobs saved even though it was restored to its factor settings and then updated to the latest OS and firmware?

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegum View Post
    Would I have shsh blobs saved even though it was restored to its factor settings and then updated to the latest OS and firmware?

Thanks,
    Your shsh blogs is stored in Cydia Server, restoring to official on your Iphone will not affect your blogs. Read this, it will explain how you can go about downgrading.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgrading/685331-howto-setup-local-3gs-restore-verification-server-ecid-shsh.html
    When you hit the error 1015, run Blackra1n to boot up from recovery mode. Then you can jailbreak again with Spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Sounds to me like you don't have SHSH blobs saved if you don't know what they are....