Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help unlocking my 2g

Default Need help unlocking my 2g
    hello all, i just was hoping someone could tell me what i'm doing wrong...

i have a used iphone 2g, its jailbroken, and i tried to unlock using bootneuter. after following the tutorials, the iphone recognizes the tmobile network, but when the tmobile sim card is inserted, it goes to the "connect to itunes" screen (even though it says "tmobile" at the top where the reception bars are shown.

if i take the sim out, the "connect to itunes" screen goes away, but obviously then there's no service. put the sim back in, tmobile comes back on top, but the "connect to itunes" screen comes back again...

any suggestions? am i using bootneuter wrong? is there a better unlock program for the 2g?

thanks for the help! i'm stuck using a Nokia candy bar phone until i figure this one out!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Not sure what firmware you're on and what method you used to jailbreak but if you shift+restore to a stock 3.1.3 then jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4 (select only Cydia and Unlock options) after the restore you should be fine. Redsn0w will autounlock the phone for you.

Make sure you download the bootloader 3.9 and 4.6 binary files though, as Redsn0w requires it for 2G phones. Oh yeah, don't forget to the the 3.1.2 ipsw (even though you restore to 3.1.3) to use for Redsn0w cuz Redsn0w won't read 3.1.3 ipsw. You can be on 3.1.3 but you would still use the 3.1.2 ipsw for Redsn0w basically.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

zimpah (2010-07-08)

Thanks Anniex! That worked like a charm! no longer am i bangning my head against the wall trying to use a fifteen year old nokia!

keep up the good work!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No problem