Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ios4.0 unlock and JB need clairification

Default ios4.0 unlock and JB need clairification
    Ok so i have searched high and low and googled till my google is wore out LOL can someone please tell me what i need to make this happen..

I have 2 phones that need JB and unlock:
    #1 - 3G 3.1.2 (7D11) model: MB048LL - currently JB with redsn0w
    i want to update and jb and unlock this one as i have a 4 on the way and want to sell this one as you know its worth nothing other wise..

#2 - 3G 3.1.3 (7E18) Model: MB702LL firm: 5.12.01 - currently JB only need to unlock and would prefer to upgrade as well but phone is still awaiting activation so i suppose i need to hactivate as well

Mainly i dont want to see a bazillion random posts with no real meat to them i just need to know what and where

Also i am using Windows 7 i have both versions 64 and 32 can use either one but no access to a Mac

Thanks in advance!
    Erik

Ok so i did some more searching and google didnt want to just wait it out and here seems to be the best option so far going to try it soon and will post the results

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2010-07-07 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3G phones with OS4 are complete dogs my brothers now takes about 15 seconds to open up a txt messaging thread.. and VERY slow.. I would actually sell them as is...

I'm pretty sure to unlock both phones you need to just open up cydia and search for "untrasn0w" install that and poof you are unlocked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to destro23 For This Useful Post:

ErikSocal (2010-07-08)

ok so that makes sense... i have heard it is slow on ios4 as well.. so i have one phone that isnt activated.. does that matter? i just installed ultrasn0w and it still says waiting for activation however i do not hvae the TMO sim card for it with me.. does it just need that and its good to go?

pop in an ATT sim and hook it up to iTunes.. any ATT sim will do.. and it will activate it and get it out of the emergency screen... then pull the sim out.. you now have at least an iPod Touch.

well that is the funny part it doesnt go to the emergency screen it just goes to the unlock screen and a window pops up that says waiting for activation then it opens up like normal and says no service at the top.. so it works just like an ipod lol so that is why i am confused..

what sim card do you have inside? ATT T-Mobile?

Neither .. but i have an ATT one here i can use.. and the owner of this phone is 4 hours away so no way to just try his sim card in it before i ship it over to him lol

Actually SCRATCH THAT i just opened it up and realized his old ATT sim card is in there.... so do i need to plug into itunes or just get his TMO Sim in there and call it a day?
    Last edited by ErikSocal; 2010-07-08 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Maybe someone can confirm, but couldn't you do a custom restore with a hactivated version of the firmware you want? Assuming you can't get it activated with the sim.

ok so apparently the phone needs to be Hactivated so i guess im going to have to go with the ios4 upgrade then use the new redsn0w on it all i can think of here..

Wouldn't it be a good solution?

I have a problem.
    I just purchased a 2nd hand iPhone 3GS-16GB, 3.1.3 (7E18), Serial No. 85949...., Model- MC131B, Modem- 05.12.01.

I want to know if i can upgrade to iOS4.

1. I dont know if this phones Factory Unlocked or Sofwtare Unlocked.
    2. It came with Cydia installed.
    3. When i start my phone, it always starts up..no "connect to itunes logo" - which makes me thing its SPIRITJB.

Is there a way io can upgrade to iOS4 ??
    Last edited by hypermaster; 2010-07-09 at 02:06 PM.

when you open up cydia... does it say shsh blobs saved for 3.1.3 ?

If so then you are in luck

when i open cydia it says " This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS : 4.0"

Believe there is only tethered JB for new bootrom so stay where you are for now.

I'm interested to see that it has 4.0 blob saved, because it must have an earlier one too, otherwise how did the previous owner go back to 3.1.3

I must admit I'm confused about blobs mine says 3.1.3 on file but it should say 4.0 and 3.1.2 too.

This worked flawless for me:

Upgraded the phone to ios4.0 then followed these instructions

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.0]

Then used a current working ATT sim and put that in the phone to allow it to activate

turned off 3G and installed ultrasn0w from Cydia and reboot

put in the TMO sim and there ya go