Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I hate apple service - Can someone please help me???

Angry I hate apple service - Can someone please help me???
    Hey guys,
    Okay so today I finally recieved my iPhone 3gs after having sending it off for problems with it turning on. I recieved a refurbished one and I was pretty happy that it was all newish, so I went to turn it on and It needed activation so I went to put in my o2 UK sim card and I noticed that the tray was a bit stiff. It would not work so I checked it with another o2 sim and no joy. getting a bit annoyed I called customer support, the cheeky b*strd got me to restore the iphone and update to ios 4.0 and it STILL DIDNT WORK! So I called them again and I got this bitchy lady who couldnt care less and told me to do the same thing as I did earlier.
    I know now that I cannot hacktivate it because its the new bootrom and im on ios 4.
    So what should I do? please help someone

So what is wrong with the sim tray again? You are unable to put your sim card in it or something like that? I don't know why they would have you restore it if it was a hardware issue like that. Anyway, you will be able to unlock the iPhone you just need to jailbreak it. There is a small chance that if it's refurbished that your SHSH file will be stored from the previous owner but I wouldn't count on it. You will just have to be patient for a jailbreak to be released for previously un-jailbroken devices but you're actually pretty fortunate considering the iOS 4 is unlocked which is the by far the thing that takes the longest to discover

No but it needs activaating/Hacktivating aswell

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Was the iPhone you first sent back in a factory unlocked one? If it was they should have sent you back a factory unlocked one. If not and you want to activate your phone find a friend with an AT&T sim card, or buy one. Any AT&T sim will work to activate the phone, however you still won't be able to get it to work with o2 since there is no jailbreak for previously un-jailbroken phones like kraziebone said.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

So you are saying that Apple care service UK sent me a AT&T locked phone?
    Big ups to apple

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There are software unlocks which is what most people in the US do to use like t-mobile. someone buys an iphone from AT&T then runs software program to unlock it. Or there are factory unlocked phones that are unlocked by Apple to sell in foreign countries. Do you know which you had? Where did you buy your iPhone from originally.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I sent it to apple because it would not respond whatsoever and I had JB it and unlocked it, because it was locked on SFR france. I bought it second hand over there.
    When I was describing my phone to apple and I stated it was on o2 - so i kinda lied to them but they wouldnt know because my phone was litterly dead.