Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found Iphone 3gs 16gb

Default Found Iphone 3gs 16gb
    Hi,

My uncle just returned from holiday and while abroad he found a iphone 3gs 16gb with firmware 4.o, the fone wont work unless you put the correct sim card in, how can i get this fone to work with another sim card. im thinking that i need to unlock the fone but how? thanks luke.

my brother 'found' an iphone on holiday too. Hopefully he'll be out by Christmas

such a pointless response, not everyone is a someone who goes round stealing phones.. My uncle genuinly just came back from the usa and told me he had found a phone and asked me if i could get it working.I came on here for some advice and had a pointless response.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Chill out Bro I know some people in this community are rather useless. Okay now is it stuck on the emergency call
    Only screen?

Yeah its stuck on this and when i put into itunes it says place insert the correct sim.

Thanks

Okay what I've done is this: Connect the iPhone to the computer and and close iTunes when it pops up. After it's connected POP in your SIM. Now after it's inside power off your iPhone. After it's off, put it in DFU Mode. Re-open iTunes and restore. After it's all dine iTunes will activate the iPhone with the SIM that is inside it at the time. (This the way youndo it if you're in AT&T. If you're in another carrier tell me now.

Yes im in the Uk so they dont have at&t here so ill have to use another carrier

Thanks

Hm you probably have O2 or something okay then let me see... What your carrier?

Yeah the carrier is o2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukeg28 For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (2010-07-07)

Thanks

Okay. I've heard that if you do the process previously mentioned it could work. I'm looking at Hacktivations right now. Just try what i told you and report back when you're done. Cheers.

Quick: Windows Or Mac?
    Last edited by Halten77; 2010-07-07 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukeg28 For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (2010-07-07)

Thanks

Does this fit your 3Gs? If not, then just try the DFU thing I told you about and cross your fingers.

iPhone 3GS
    The Pwnage Tool 4.01 Hacktivation only works on previously jailbroken iPhone 3GS with older bootrom which have NOT used the Spirit iPhone Jailbreak. If you fit…then you would be able to create ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with jailbroken recovery mode.

Ok, ill have to wait to get the simcard that he wants to put in there first.

Do you have msn i can contant you on if so please pm me your address or skype thanks.
    Last edited by Lukeg28; 2010-07-07 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Sn0wbreeze Is PwnageTool for Windows just incase you isn't already know. So the above still applies

ok thanks, please could you pm me your msn or skype thanks, becuase i dont have the simcard yet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeg28 View Post
    Hi,

My uncle just returned from holiday and while abroad he found a iphone 3gs 16gb with firmware 4.o, the fone wont work unless you put the correct sim card in, how can i get this fone to work with another sim card. im thinking that i need to unlock the fone but how?
    thanks luke.
    You cant unlock an iPhone unless it's jailbroken. And you can't jailbreak the iPhone with it being stuck in the emergency call screen. You could use Sn0wbreeze right now or wait for a Spirit Version that supports locked phones and iOS 4. Sorry bro I tried my hardest. I'll promise if I see anything I'll PM you or just post here again. Remember try the DFU restore process I posted earlier

Thanks

Your phone has to be already jailbroken to be able to use a custom firmware.
    Or.... Your uncle could return the phone to the authorities. Isn't that what you would hope someone would do if they found your phone???...

Thanks halten,

Simtec, shoiuld he fly back to the usa to do this? and while were there maybe we should delete all out cracked apps?

Thanks

Just turn it in to the police dip. It's just like finding a bag of money, it's stealing if you don't turn it in. Keep telling yourself that it isn't stealing doesn't change the fact that it is.

Thanks

Simtech, Hacktivations allow iPhones to activate without a SIM or with a Foreign SIM
    Right? Do you already have to be jailbroken to hacktivate? If yes then I'm sorry but the Road ends here and the iPhone 3Gs is useless Luke. Sorry. Again ill contact you if I see anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast