Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found Iphone 3gs 16gb

Thanks

Only certain programs with certain firmwares allow hackivation, none for 4.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (2010-07-07)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Simtech another question before I leave this post. I was restoring my 3G iPhone with a Sn0wbreeze custom firmware and when it was just about to finish I got an error 6. Does this happen only if an iPhone is not jailbroken already? Some people tell me it's a USB Port problem

And What are the advantages of jailbreaking with a custom firmware? Downsides? Is redsn0w or pwnagetool/Sn0wbreeze better, reliable, harder to jailbreak?
    Last edited by Halten77; 2010-07-07 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Simtech, to a certain extent i suoppose it is stealing, but isnt downloading cracked apps stealing also?

Thanks

Yes, downloading cracked apps IS stealing and is not allowed to be discussed on this forum (read the rules). And keep telling yourself that..

@Halten
    Custom firmware advantage is to keep your baseband as an earlier version for unlocking. Plus the custom firmware is already jailbroken so you don't have to do that after you restore. Never got the error you speak of.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if you get it jailbroken you cannot unlock it yet.

How to Jailbreak your iPhone Using Pwnage tool (MAC)
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.0]

How to Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.2 Using RedSnow ( Windows)
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.1.2 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    Can someone give me a THANK YOU click

Hmm, if he "found" the Iphone. Why not turn it into a Apple store so it can find it's rightful owner? Not hard to figure that if your trying to unlock it, your trying to use it.

You need to check if the SHSH blobs are on file on Sauriks server (Maybe the kind legitimate owner did this just in case anyone found his phone and wanted to let them be able to use it on the carrier of their choice)

If the 3.1.2 blob is there then maybe you can downgrade, blackra1n, snowbreeze to 4.0 and ultrasn0w.

People think using 'found' phones is OK?
    Why?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

You are waiting your time anyways. Whoever lost it would have reported it lost to apple, and they blocked the phone for good. Might as well call apple and try to find the rightful owner of the phone to return it. It will get you some good karma points down the road.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12