Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I may have royally screwed up my beloved iPhone...

Default I may have royally screwed up my beloved iPhone...
    in my last post, I explained how I was trying to get ios4. so I followed all steps, downloaded sn0wbreeze, blah blah, followed all steps, blah blah.

so I get to the last step where it says "restoring iphone software" & it freezes completely. it stayed frozen for three hours. so I pulled the plug & started over & got the EXACT same results.

now, I don't know what to do. at first, I said "screw it" & tried to see if I could turn it on normally, no luck. it's stuck in the screen with the cable & the iTunes picture.

Mind you, I am jb'd & unlocked on 3.0.1 & I NEED my unlock.

what do I do?

-Vikkie/Kp

Quote Originally Posted by KidPoetic View Post
    in my last post, I explained how I was trying to get ios4. so I followed all steps, downloaded sn0wbreeze, blah blah, followed all steps, blah blah.

so I get to the last step where it says "restoring iphone software" & it freezes completely. it stayed frozen for three hours. so I pulled the plug & started over & got the EXACT same results.

now, I don't know what to do. at first, I said "screw it" & tried to see if I could turn it on normally, no luck. it's stuck in the screen with the cable & the iTunes picture.

Mind you, I am jb'd & unlocked on 3.0.1 & I NEED my unlock.

what do I do?

-Vikkie/Kp
    Nothing i love more then having to help someone, who explains their situation with blah blah blah, blah blah blah. (at least link to your last post)

What if i answered with, first you have to open itunes, then hit restore, blah blah blah, then install ultrasn0w, blah blah blah, and your done. Just because you've been staring at it for 3 hours doesn't mean we know what your talking about. Things that may seem like blah blah blah to you, are exactly the things we'd need to help you, such as error codes, or exactly what the computer is telling you.

Basically now your stuck in recovery mode, and you wont be able to restore to 3.*, unless you have your shsh blobs saved.

Try downloading a custom firmware made with pwnage tools (i've never liked sn0wbreeze personally, and have no positive experience with it)

try restoring it str8 from recovery mode with the custom firmware, if that doesn't work, you'll need to downgrade to a working 3.* j/b state (this time don't use anything from sinful iphone), then restore back to the custom ios4.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...times-but.html

and I can't do pwnage tools, I'm on windows. And the blah blahs were my attempt at sarcasm, ignore them, I put everything I did in the post.

what are shsh blobs?

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...times-but.html

and I can't do pwnage tools, I'm on windows. And the blah blahs were my attempt at sarcasm, ignore them, I put everything I did in the post.

what are shsh blobs?
    blah blah blah, followed all steps, blah blah blah, doesn't make sense to me.. What steps did you follow? did you follow a specific tutorial? did you do any research before hand? i mean, you obviously did something wrong.

And i never said use pwnage tools, i said download a custom ipsw from someone who used pwnage tools. (theres are PLENTY on this site, or google)

Let me hold your hand

haha just joshin, but really, its obvious you should have done more research, especially since you NEED the unlock
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-07-07 at 12:43 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Full Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4 , iPhone 3GS on Windows ) [Sn0wbreeze 1.6] - Mac Forums

followed every step above, everything was perfect until step 12. I also have a custom ipsw.

downloaded tinyumbrella, and it says no device is connected. Then it tells me to kick device out of recovery, which I did, and still nothing has happened. still stuck with the itunes/cable screen.

Full Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4 , iPhone 3GS on Windows ) [Sn0wbreeze 1.6] - Mac Forums

followed every step above, everything was perfect until step 12. I also have a custom ipsw.

downloaded tinyumbrella, and it says no device is connected. Then it tells me to kick device out of recovery, which I did, and still nothing has happened. still stuck with the itunes/cable screen.
    gotcha, well, its either you have your shsh blobs saved on sauriks server, so you can downgrade, or at least restore back to 3.0

or you wait for the ios4 spirit release...

tried to restore back to 3.0.1 & it said something along the lines of "it's incompatible"

I still can't get past the recovery screen, so am I just screwed?

tried to restore back to 3.0.1 & it said something along the lines of "it's incompatible"

I still can't get past the recovery screen, so am I just screwed?
    Did you point your host files to sauriks server?

And what did i say about the giving half of the information?

"said something along the lines of "it's incompatible""

Would it have killed you to do it again, and type out the EXACT thing it was saying? just because its in YOUR face, doesn't mean its in OURS... try to understand what you are asking.. your asking for technical help, without giving technical information, its the reason why everyone ignored your last thread....

But in layman terms, and since you don't understand how to research, or at least how to ask a technical question, yes you are very much screwed...
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-07-07 at 05:46 AM.

To your first question, no.

Smh.

The reason why I said that is because when I tried to do it again, it got stuck on the "restoring iphone software" so I don't remember the exact words. But no, it wouldn't have killed me.

but w/e.

To your first question, no.

Smh.

The reason why I said that is because when I tried to do it again, it got stuck on the "restoring iphone software" so I don't remember the exact words. But no, it wouldn't have killed me.

but w/e.
    My bad, wasn't trying to be mean or anything...

Just saying, do some research on what your actually doing, so you actually know what is going on , not just following some random guide. You restoring your phone, using a custom firmware, relying on an unlock, yet not knowing what shsh blobs are, its no bodies fault but your own.

Either research how to use saurik's server (PLENTY PLENTY PLENTY of info in the 3gs downgrading section) (but remember you would have needed to have backed them up in cydia before hand) again don't ask how to do it or how to check, just do some research, your not the first person to be in this situation...

Or find an official sim, restore to 4.0, and enjoy your expensive iPod for a week or two

Mmm.

Okay. Why thank you.

I had a problem kicking my phone out of recovery but i found a method that worked for me after i tryed everything, download and run blackra1n which will end up with your phone freezing on a black screen at the rebooting step, then just hold power and home button together till it restarts and presto it should be back to the activation screen :-) hope this helps!

Did you try downloading a custom firmware rather than using one you generated yourself (as was already suggested)?

I had your exact problem, but using the downloaded one (presumably from a MAC) worked a charm.

Tried using every custom firmware from 3.0.1-4.0 & it always hangs. I'm running windows.