Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activate Abroad

Default Activate Abroad
    Hello, I have my 3gs unlocked with ultrasnow on 4.0

I am roaming on my official SIM in hong kong (Rogers Canada) using their network (either china mobile or 3) and I have a pre-paid china mobile SIM that what I insert it, it says to connect to itunes and when I do it says this SIM is not a supported SIM and to contact the carrier or use a valid SIM. I know the SIM works because it works in an unlocked HK nokia phone.

is there any way for me to activate this SIM/phone combo without making a custom IPSW that will hacktivate? (right now my phone work with the Rogers SIM but not the China Mobile SIM)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcozea View Post
    Hello, I have my 3gs unlocked with ultrasnow on 4.0

I am roaming on my official SIM in hong kong (Rogers Canada) using their network (either china mobile or 3) and I have a pre-paid china mobile SIM that what I insert it, it says to connect to itunes and when I do it says this SIM is not a supported SIM and to contact the carrier or use a valid SIM. I know the SIM works because it works in an unlocked HK nokia phone.

is there any way for me to activate this SIM/phone combo without making a custom IPSW that will hacktivate? (right now my phone work with the Rogers SIM but not the China Mobile SIM)
    Your Iphone is locked to Rogers. You have to jailbreak first before you can unlock with Ultrasn0w to be able to use the local sim card there.
    You Nokia iphone is unlocked that is why you could use the China Sim on it.

I stated that my iphone is already running ultrasnow so I do have it jailbroken already.

all is well until I insert the china sim and connect it to itunes and it says the sim is not suported.

Maybe iphones dont work with "China Mobile" or "3" or "China Unicom" prepaid sim carriers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcozea View Post
    I stated that my iphone is already running ultrasnow so I do have it jailbroken already.

all is well until I insert the china sim and connect it to itunes and it says the sim is not suported.

Maybe iphones dont work with "China Mobile" or "3" or "China Unicom" prepaid sim carriers
    I am sorry , my mistake, so you have already installed Ultrasn0w version 0.9.3
    Did you try playing with the 3G ON/OFF switch?