Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB/Unlocked 3g works fine EXCEPT the INTERNET!!!-Need advice please

Default JB/Unlocked 3g works fine EXCEPT the INTERNET!!!-Need advice please
    Hello Guru,

I JB with redsn0w a never jailbroken before an iphone 3G, bought locked with a carrier few years ago.
    Afterwards I unlocked the device with repo666.ultrasn0w.com through Cydia.
    It has unlock the sim card successfully but it is impossible to access the internet even if my new carrier supports data service...
    Any idea? Please help me to resolve this problem..
    thx

iPhone? More like MyPhone mmurphmsu's Avatar
    Thanks

Turn off 3G if you are using another Carrier besides AT&T and see if that helps.
    Please hit "Thanks!" if I helped you.

Thx for the replay.
    I did already but doesn't work...
    it is so frustrating..

Sure the settings are correct?

Which OS are you on?

Sure 100%.
    It is out of the box 3G bought in the U.S. locked by AT&T. The software is updated to iOS4.
    I Jbroke for the first time according the How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows and then unlocked it with the How to Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G on 4.0 Firmware
    When I was installing the unlock through cydia, there was a problem with cydia itself. Something like "cached failure etc". The iphone now works with another carrier and has no problems with it. The big problem is that has no internet access in 3g. It is says "problems with the server", cannot download the page nor launch an internet based app.
    I need help..
    Thx

If I were you I'd repeat the procedure from scratch. There are new versions you could use.

Are you using AT&T or tmobile
    Let me no

I too am facing the same problem as panosv, my official carrier was Airtel, India and after unlocking I am using Cellone. After upgrading to ios4, I am not getting the cellular data network selection option wherein we could key in the APN settings. Without this we cannot key in customised apn settings for my unlocked sim card. Will someone help please.......

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you tried help.BenM.at | BENM.AT I use them in the US on 3.1.2.

Eureka!!! I have found a solution, download redsn0w 0.9.5-5b5 and instal which is the latest version and there you go everything is working fine now......