Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help: Unlock 3.1.3/5.12.1 3GS, new bootrom

Default Please Help: Unlock 3.1.3/5.12.1 3GS, new bootrom
    Hi,

I am new to iphone world, so don't have much knowledge about unlocking/jailbreaking.
    I want to unlock my iphone (3GS, new Bootrom, 3.1.3, 5.12.1).

Is it possible?
    if yes, then what's the best way to do that.

Thanks
    xioix

Thanks

Well I'm not 100% sure but I've got a 3G and I am attempting an unlock as we speak I've see that the Only way to is download iTunes 9.1 or lower and restore then jailbreak with spirit then use ultrasn0w

Quote Originally Posted by xioix View Post
    Hi,

I am new to iphone world, so don't have much knowledge about unlocking/jailbreaking.
    I want to unlock my iphone (3GS, new Bootrom, 3.1.3, 5.12.1).

Is it possible?
    if yes, then what's the best way to do that.

Thanks
    xioix
    Go to: Spirit and download the compatible version of Spirit with your operating system, then run it while your iphone connected to the PC, BUT! you can't use it with the latest itunes 9.2, then if you have it, you should uninstall it and install a previous version of itunes 9.0-9.1, Then, after running Spirit and press on JailBreak, you'll have Cydia installed on your iPhone at the end of the process.
    This was the Jailbreak Process.
    In order to unlock your iPhone for anysim, you should do the next:
    Go to Cydia\Manage\Sources, click on repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    then click on UltraSn0w 0.93 and install it. It'll ask to reboot your device, do it and then you'll have your iPhone unlocked.

Good luck!

Press Thanks! If I helped.

Thanks, but i heard some limitations of Spirit. So in future, there may be some chances that i would not be able to upgrade and then unlock.
    Is it true? is there any other tool in market which i can use?

>Thanks, but i heard some limitations of Spirit. So in future, there may be some chances that i would not be able to upgrade and then unlock.
    Is it true?

I don't think so. The new bootrom is the worst case scenario and you and I have it. Spirit + ultrasnow was the only thing that worked for me. Otherwise, get ready to wait. Maybe for a long, long time.

First you need to Jailbreak it by following this instruction: How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows

You will need to make sure that you have the latest version of redsn0w (0.9.5b5-5) before you jailbreak it.

Then you unlock it by following this instruction: How to Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G on 4.0 Firmware

I took me no more than 15-20min once I had downloaded the SW packages above and the iOS 4.0 SW (through external link, not through iTunes).

Thanks

while this may be true its not 100% proof as if you have a bootloader of 6.02 or higher your kinda screwed as the soft unlock doesn't seem to work it shows the carrier and signal at 1bar thats about it can't text phone or anything
    I don't suffer from insanity ..... i enjoy every single day of it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 6309phone View Post
    >Thanks, but i heard some limitations of Spirit. So in future, there may be some chances that i would not be able to upgrade and then unlock.
    Is it true?

I don't think so. The new bootrom is the worst case scenario and you and I have it. Spirit + ultrasnow was the only thing that worked for me. Otherwise, get ready to wait. Maybe for a long, long time.
    Ok, is there any way to confirm that my phone is unlocked (after running Ultrasn0w 9.3 (bb 5.12.01, 3.1.3jb by spirit on a new bootrom 3GS) without actually trying another sim in my phone? I don't need it unlocked in the USA, only for when I travel out of the country.

Well untrasn0w tells you it's unlocked I believe. I did have a Tmobile SIM to test with. Anyway, if you applied both, chances are your phone is unlocked. But you still might have to enter some values into some settings for internet and MMS.

Thanks

well to be honest i tried all that .... and it made no differnce tried blackra1n , spirit , redsn0w ,ultrasn0w , blacksn0w and all of these failed to unlock my Iphone 3G its on 3.1.3 bootloader 6.04 baseband 5.12.01 but i'm pretty sure alot of people are in the same boat

Could be, but I was under the impression we were talking about the 3GS, which I have with new bootrom and spirit and ultrasn0w .93 worked fine.

Thanks

yeah i know but i was just checking if you had to do something differen't to the 3gs to unlock but never mind fancy iphone style paper weight is always good

I'm trying to unlock a phone for a friend, its a 3GS, MC model, 05.12.01, its got 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit, bootloader 6.4, and the SHSH were never saved. I tried using ultrasn0w but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

What does the phone say in the top left corner?

There's some unofficial software which you could use to restore to to 4.0.1 and try to unlock from there but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Did you try reinstalling ultrasn0w and have you used the correct repo? Did you turn the phone off and back on?

Thanks

well i've tried all of this and to no avail so if the case is you've got the bootloader 6.04 your pretty screwed like me now don't hold me to this but i'm pretty sure the unlock has something to do with determining what baseband your on then what bootloader and since the unlock is designed for 5.8 having 6.02 or later causes issues as i get the carrier logo and it will notify me i have voice mail but no signal

Ultrasn0w is supposed to unlock the lot

Thanks

yes i am aware of this but .... as you can see this is not true the baseband yes can be unlocked ... bootloader causes conflict and as there is no way to downgrade you have a lovely ipod touch