Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB With Spirit Unlocked 3.1.3 / 05.12.01 3GS - No WiFi Now!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default JB With Spirit Unlocked 3.1.3 / 05.12.01 3GS - No WiFi Now!!
    I was wondering if there is a way to get my WiFi back after I UL'd and JB'd a 3GS iPhone? I had it working perfectly when this phone was just JB, but now with it unlocked and activated to my real carrier, I don't have access to WiFi.

I can turn off 3G and Data so that it is free to seek out a WiFi connection, for some reason I still get hooked up to the Net with "E" for "Edge"???

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you mean you can't see your wifi access point when you try searching? if so perform a network reset on your handset. Simply go to

Settings
    General
    Then Reset
    Then Reset Network Settings

And you should be good to go!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I wish it was that easy, no, my WiFi doesn't work at all. I can locate all of the possible Networks in my area including my own, but I can't get my iPhone to login to my own Network. It worked seamlessly for weeks until I unlocked my phone and installed my SIM card. From the time I started accessing my Fido account with this unlocked phone, I haven't been able to get onto my WiFi Network. Never had a problem before.

My phone shows the Carrier and an "E" up in the lefthand corner and nothing else. No WiFi function at this time. When I get to my hotel in Utica I would like to be able to access their free WiFi system and it looks as though it won't work any more. Thanks though!

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoenix3g's Avatar
    Thanks

What error are you receiving when you try to connect to your wifi network? If all else fails try another restore?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I spent the evening disconnecting and reconnecting to 3g and my Data pacakge and rebooted a few times and the WiFi popped back in. Don't know what I did but turning WiFi off, turning Airport On/Off a few times seems to make it work. I haven't tried turning 3G or Data on again but I checked my Data Usage after using my Network connection for an hour this morning and there was no usage at all on my Data Plan.

I wonder if I'll have problems when I set things up for 3G and Data, might have to go through this program again.

I'll post back to this thread after I give it a good run for the day. Thanks for your help.