Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g unlock

Default 3g unlock
    I JB my 3g 3.1.3 05.12.01 with spirit and have added ultrasn0 w via cydia but has not unlocked the phone it just say emergency calls only I have activated it with a lagit sim. Is it because I have JB with spirit. If anyone can shed any light I would be most gratefull. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stu654 View Post
    I JB my 3g 3.1.3 05.12.01 with spirit and have added ultrasn0 w via cydia but has not unlocked the phone it just say emergency calls only I have activated it with a lagit sim. Is it because I have JB with spirit. If anyone can shed any light I would be most gratefull. Thanks
    Why don't you restore to 3.1.3 again but this time use Redsn0w 0.9.4 to do the jailbreak, you will also need the 3.1.2 ipsw.
    Read this link :
    http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-3-1-3-iphone-3g-ipod-touch-1g-2g-windows-os-x/
    and once done, installl Ultrasn0w to unlock.

Thanks for your reply I have tried in the past to download custom ipsw files but when it's downloaded it's a zip file so I unpack it and re-name to ipsw file and redsn0w or snowbreeze doesn't recognize it so can't carry on and JB. Maybe I'm doing somthing wrong with the download.

Be sure your not using safari to download the ipsw

I would just use windows internet explorer.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stu654 View Post
    I would just use windows internet explorer.
    When you use IE to download, it will probably download as a .zip format. If that happens, just rename the ext from .zip to .ipsw will do the trick.

I have tried rename before and didn't work but maybe I'm not doing it right could u tell me how to excactly to do it as I'm a bit of a computer novice. Thanks

These are STEP by STEP Tutorials ....

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2, 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)
    Can someone give me a THANK YOU click

Thanks

still won't work if your bootloader is at 6.04 as i've tried every soloution the whole turn airplane mode on/off then reset network settings up grade to os 4.0 none of thease seem to work :/ the phone's not black listed so i'm at a loose end plus i ruined the speaker / sensor connector opening the phone up all in all a waste of 160 lol epic fail .....