I apologize for the cross-posting, I submitted this to the t-mobile forum as well.

As of the morning of June 30, 2010, my iphone 2g on 3.1.2 with T-Mobile service lost the ability to roam onto Einstein Wireless / USA Airadigm in Madison, WI.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I tried:
  1. updating the carrier settings through itunes
  2. deleting the apple carrier settings and installing a new carrier bundle (T-Mobile US.ipcc)
  3. updated to 3.1.3 and tried everything I mentioned above
  4. installed a new SIM and tried everything mentioned above in 3.1.3
  5. downgraded to 3.1.2 with the new SIM and tried everything I mentioned above and... I am still unable to select and connect successfully to another carrier.

I contacted t-mobile (5 or 6 times) to ask if they had changed their partnership arrangement
  • 3 reps said "No, nothing has changed"
  • 1 rep said "We don't have a partnership arrangement with Einstein Wireless / USA Airadigm "
  • 1 rep said "I've never heard of Einstein wireless or USA Airadigm"

I had previously been bouncing between T-Mobile and Einstein Wireless / USA Airadigm, about a 50/50 split. Now I don't have any service about 50% of the time

If I can "see" and connect to another network, they allowing me to access their network on my existing settings, right? Would Einstein Wireless / USA Airadigm block me from accessing their network? I think it's significant that I lost access on the last day of the month.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

geomorph