Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob, Jarhead, jailbroke, invalid sim

Default Noob, Jarhead, jailbroke, invalid sim
    Hey everyone,

Iv got an IPhone 3G, VER 3.0, 04.26.08, its been jailbroke with redsn0w, back when I had AT&T, switched to verizon... anyway, trying to put in a different carriers Sim card and Im getting an "Invalid Sim" error, I dont have Wifi, at all. I dont have service with the carriers sim at the moment (which could be part of the error) but my buddy popped it into his and it doesnt come up with that error. he keeps telling me i need Yellowsnow, which my buddy has, but i dont know how to get it as i dont get Wifi and cant get service with AT&T, so i cant get it off Cydia. also note im out of the US. anyone have suggestions? is redsnow supposed to unlock the carrier, even out of the US?

thanks in advance,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What you need is not yellowsn0w, you need Ultrasn0w from Cydia. I don't understand the part you say , you don't have wifi at home or your wifi on your ph is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    What you need is not yellowsn0w, you need Ultrasn0w from Cydia. I don't understand the part you say , you don't have wifi at home or your wifi on your ph is not working.
    I dont have WiFi available and no i cant go to someplace and get free WiFi, im not in the states, if i need it, and it only comes off Cydia, how do i get it off without an external internet connection besides my Computer? My buddy is using a 3GS with yellowsnow, iunno im a Noob to the different unlocks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoomhower View Post
    I dont have WiFi available and no i cant go to someplace and get free WiFi, im not in the states, if i need it, and it only comes off Cydia, how do i get it off without an external internet connection besides my Computer? My buddy is using a 3GS with yellowsnow, iunno im a Noob to the different unlocks.
    Sorry, No Wifi = No restore/downgrade = No Cydia