Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Situation, huge dilemma..

Default Situation, huge dilemma..
    Hi,
    I had an ATT locked iphone 3gs, jailbroken, unlocked, old bootrom, 3.1.2 etc with properly saved -SHSH blobs. It worked fine on my T-Mobile sim.

The other day, its display conked off, so I took it to ATT, who replaced the device.

The new 3gs I got has fw 3.1.3 (7E18), BB 5.12.1 and new BootRom.

Now here is the bad news. The only way to JB it is via Spirit (at the moment), which will lead to unlock. BUT, I cannot get a backup of -SHSH blob, as apple has stopped signing fw 3.1.3, and now only signs 4.0.

==> So from what I understand, if I JB my iphone with spirit, at no point it will restore stock 3.1.3 firmware.
    Which means If I JB with spirit, Ill be stuck as long as spirit JB can Jailbreak OS4.0 ? (correct)???
    But at the moment, the phone is pretty much a brick in my hand, so I need to JB and unlock asap.

(I keep going abroad, and need to put in multiple sims, places I go)

What would you suggest ? any help is appreciated
    Last edited by rohnit91; 2010-07-02 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Yes, that is correct, you have only one shot to jailbreak it with Spirit. If anything goes wromg, you won't be able to restore to 3.1.3 again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

rohnit91 (2010-07-02)

thanks for the blunt reply, lol..
    But, is there no other way, to restore back to 3.1.3.
    I hope, spirit do come out with a hack for iOS4. I mean 3.1.3 should not be the end of line of their development.. lol

update:
    Just Jailbroke my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 new boot rom, with Spirit, without backing up -SHSH blob (as I cant do it anymore).

Just curious, if anyone got any info, if we get to upgrade to OS4.0 and JB as well, anytime soon?

Thankyou.
    Last edited by rohnit91; 2010-07-03 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm old enough to remember the famous 1984 Apple Mac introduction advertisement. Funny how it still applies, only Big Brother is now Apple/Steve Jobs and the hackers set us free.

([ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8]YouTube - 1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial[/ame])