Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Ultrasn0w Unlock after Spirit JB

  1. #1
    Default Ultrasn0w Unlock after Spirit JB
    I have jailbroken my 3GS using Spirit, and have read that I can now unlock it using ultrasn0w.
    When adding the repo666.ultrasn0w.com repo, cydia seems to freeze and hang on updating sources, and I have to respring the phone to get it to work (is this to do with the Spirit JB which also doesnt allow xSellize source to be added?)
    Anyway, even though it hangs, after respring the source seems to be on my list of sources, and when I try to install ultrasn0w, a new error comes up saying 'size mismatch' and doesnt let me continue.
    Any solutions on how to solve this?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 116 Times in 113 Posts

    The source may be down. If you don't figure it out give it a try tomorrow.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

  3. #3
    Ive tried again for the last couple of days, but no help. Installing ultrasn0w still comes up with the 'size mismatch' error. Any help please? Thanks

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaTan View Post
    Ive tried again for the last couple of days, but no help. Installing ultrasn0w still comes up with the 'size mismatch' error. Any help please? Thanks
    What is your modem firmware now?

  5. #5
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Model: MC133B
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
    JB using Spirit

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SeaTan View Post
    iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Model: MC133B
    Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
    JB using Spirit
    Do you have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia, If you do , do a restore again to 3.1.2 but this time use Blackra1n to jailbreak and then Unlock with Blacksn0wRC2 from the added cydia repo :
    cydia.pushfix.info or you can install Ultrasn0w.
    I think there is some incompatibilty of Spirit with Ultrasn0w.
    By the way, do you have the new bootrom or the old bbotrom.?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Do you have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia, If you do , do a restore again to 3.1.2 but this time use Blackra1n to jailbreak and then Unlock with Blacksn0wRC2 from the added cydia repo :
    cydia.pushfix.info or you can install Ultrasn0w.
    I think there is some incompatibilty of Spirit with Ultrasn0w.
    By the way, do you have the new bootrom or the old bbotrom.?
    I used Blackra1n originally, but it was a tethered JB, so felt Spirit would be better. I did see some people managed to use ultrasn0w with Spirit, so was wondering if my problem was something else. I think it is the new bootrom.

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Yes, you have the newbootrom. Uninstall Ultrasn0w and add this source to your Cydia repo : cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0wRC2 to unlock.

  9. #9
    Thanks for the help. I managed to sort it out and install ultrasn0w through using a different source on cydia. It works now! Thanks for the help.

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Yeah, you must have installed the older version from another source, the source from Bigboss is version 0.9.3 which unlocks BB from OS 3.0 to OS 4.0

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •