Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock and JB 3GS 3.1.3 boot loader 06.04 baseband 05.12.01 mc model

Default Unlock and JB 3GS 3.1.3 boot loader 06.04 baseband 05.12.01 mc model
    Thank you Modmyi dev team spirit and ultra snow finally after 2 months my iphone is working again !
    this is how i did it with iphone locked to rogers :

1. put original rogers sim in the iphone

2. opened itunes restored to 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01 itunes ver 9.1 one version before 9.2

3. after restore i get emergency calls i re plug the phone to itunes it asks to register
    i click next etc... and iphone is no more in emergency mode

4. i run spirit 3.1.3 jail break while the phone is in home screen ( if i try to run spirit when phone
    is not on home screen spirit crashes) jail break runs flawlessly

5. i go into cydia searh for ultrasnow install it iphone restarts then i put my local sim and viola i
    am connected to my cell provider

6. finnaly i can shut down my phone and re launch it without using the jb again !

thats how it worked for me !
    grreat work guys !
    thank you again

Last edited by hagybear; 2010-07-04 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Nice, good to hear you your success in this forum.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

hagybear (2010-07-04)

My Iphone 3GS. FW 3.1.3 B6.04 model MC I did seem as Hagybear, but when I download Ultrasn0w the phone hang up for longtime so I have to shutdown and reboot Iphone and then the Cydia coul'd open again and it return to home page,I tried to fix by WCSP but problem network or something internal Iphone refuse to accepted and I tried to restore also but everytime it said unknow error occurer 13019 and 1604 could any help me how to fix it . Thank all

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same configuration as hagybear (my phone is an Apple refurbed and has the oId bootrom) and JB'd my phone just using Spirit. I double clicked on Spirit and less than a minute later, my phone rebooted and it was jailbroke! No probs whatsoever.

Then I installed Ultrasn0w through Cydia and unlocked. Again, no probs. I'm making phone calls in Mexico using a Mexican carrier! I had tried to do this process with pwnage (I use a Mac) but ended up a dozen times with 1604 and stuck in recovery mode.

What I would like to do now is try out iOS4. Is it possible with this config, JB'd with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasn0w to be able to unlock on iOS4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoink! View Post
    I have the same configuration as hagybear (my phone is an Apple refurbed and has the oId bootrom) and JB'd my phone just using Spirit. I double clicked on Spirit and less than a minute later, my phone rebooted and it was jailbroke! No probs whatsoever.

Then I installed Ultrasn0w through Cydia and unlocked. Again, no probs. I'm making phone calls in Mexico using a Mexican carrier! I had tried to do this process with pwnage (I use a Mac) but ended up a dozen times with 1604 and stuck in recovery mode.

What I would like to do now is try out iOS4. Is it possible with this config, JB'd with Spirit and unlocked with Ultrasn0w to be able to unlock on iOS4?
    The reason why you have no luck using Pwnage tool is because you have used Spirit to jailbreak, eventhough you have satisfied the condition to use Pwnage tool, but Spirit jailbreak is not compatible with Pwnage. If you can downgrade to 3.1.2 and used Blackra1n or Redsn0w, you can use Pwnage tools to restore to iOS4. If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh blogs, don't try it, you will end up at iOS4 or back to square one at 3.1.3

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

hagybear (2010-07-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    The reason why you have no luck using Pwnage tool is because you have used Spirit to jailbreak, eventhough you have satisfied the condition to use Pwnage tool, but Spirit jailbreak is not compatible with Pwnage. If you can downgrade to 3.1.2 and used Blackra1n or Redsn0w, you can use Pwnage tools to restore to iOS4. If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh blogs, don't try it, you will end up at iOS4 or back to square one at 3.1.3
    I first tried pwnage on a non JB'd phone and got stuck with a 1604 error code several times. That was BEFORE I JB with Spirit. No blobs cuz I got the phone new with 3.1.3. With all that in mind, is there an upgrade path to my Spirit JB'd iPhone unlocked with iOS4 yet?

Thanks

does that method really work as i've just recently brought an iphone 3G off ebay and it's got the bootloader of 6.04 and baseband of 5.12.1 with frimware 3.1.3 jailbroken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoink! View Post
    I first tried pwnage on a non JB'd phone and got stuck with a 1604 error code several times. That was BEFORE I JB with Spirit. No blobs cuz I got the phone new with 3.1.3. With all that in mind, is there an upgrade path to my Spirit JB'd iPhone unlocked with iOS4 yet?
    Of course, you will get error 1604, because you apply cfw on a now jailbroken iphone, you did not satisfy the condition to use cfw.
    There is no upgrade path at the moment, unless you can jailbreak it first with Blackra1n or Redsn0w. You are stuck at 3.1.3 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapala167 View Post
    does that method really work as i've just recently brought an iphone 3G off ebay and it's got the bootloader of 6.04 and baseband of 5.12.1 with frimware 3.1.3 jailbroken
    You have a 3G, you can just restore to 4.0 and use Redsn0w 0.9.5B5 to jailbreak. But just a piece of advice, it is gonna slow for multitask on a 3G on iOS 4.0
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-02 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

hagybear (2010-07-04)

Thanks

yes i know but what about unlocking it though is that possoible yet ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rapala167 View Post
    yes i know but what about unlocking it though is that possoible yet ?
    Yes, you can install Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock . The latest version 0.9.3 unlocks all baseband for 3G and 3GS from version 3.0 to 4.0.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

hagybear (2010-07-04)

Thanks

okay so i've done that updated my iphone 3G to os 4.0 jailbroke it then installed Ultrasn0w 0.9.3 and the carrier comes up as orange with the 3G icon but can't send / receive texts or call or anything any suggestions ?

Default if orignal sim is not available then, how to skip the emergency mode from ihpone 3gs to
    Quote Originally Posted by hagybear View Post
    Thank you Modmyi dev team spirit and ultra snow finally after 2 months my iphone is working again !
    this is how i did it with iphone locked to rogers :

1. put original rogers sim in the iphone

2. opened itunes restored to 3.1.3 bb 05.12.01 itunes ver 9.1 one version before 9.2

3. after restore i get emergency calls i re plug the phone to itunes it asks to register
    i click next etc... and iphone is no more in emergency mode

4. i run spirit 3.1.3 jail break while the phone is in home screen ( if i try to run spirit when phone
    is not on home screen spirit crashes) jail break runs flawlessly

5. i go into cydia searh for ultrasnow install it iphone restarts then i put my local sim and viola i
    am connected to my cell provider

6. finnaly i can shut down my phone and re launch it without using the jb again !

thats how it worked for me !
    grreat work guys !
    thank you again

if orignal sim is not available then, how to skip the emergency mode from ihpone 3gs to jailbreak it...
    Pls suggest

im not shure i think you need phonebook sim from radio shack