Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this ClawPack stuff real? Or is it a scam?

Exclamation Is this ClawPack stuff real? Or is it a scam?
    I recently came across this;
    UnlockiPhoneUS - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed

Through here; ClawPack Sotware – Jailbreak& Unlock Iphone 3g and 3Gs 4.0 and 3.13 firmware | Breaking Updates

Will that unlock my iPhone 3GS running on 4.0 with 05.13.04?

The only reason I've been wanting to jailbreak my phone is so I can actually use it since I'm on T-Mobile but this could solve my problems.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

it will just give you a link to redsn0w. it says it on the ipohone dev sight located here

click meee

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Thanks

Yes l've seen this link also l think itmight be a scam as l also read somewhere before that the clawpack is just a redone version of the pwnage tool and its better to listen to the developers on the dev teams of the proper jailbreak tools.There are a few of these scams and there has been for awhile now where they used old versions of redsnow and old jailbreak tools that dont work.Becareful with these sites.They will take your money and there will be no reply from helpdesk or support.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The Dev team provides these tools for free. Please avoid this scam. Most of these sites sell you the exact software or slightly modifed software that the teams made for free.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

dasweetdude (2010-07-01)

Unfortunately I fell for it and bought their "product" on Monday. Here is a link to the website I was emailed to go to unlock--it's a safe URL, don't worry: UnlockIphoneUS - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed
    Yesterday I got an email saying that my transaction did not go through. They invited me to go back to their page to buy their junkware all over again. Um, no thanks.
    Unfortunately these idiots are the first thing that comes up when you do a Google search for unlocking your iPhone. I, like the other poster above, just want to unlock my phone for T-Mobile...that's it.

Hm got it, thanks for everything.

Just can't wait to get my iPhone unlocked so I can actually use it.

Wondering how long t would take for a tool that unlocks/jailbreaks the 3GS on os4.

I am in the same boat and believe me, I'm not too thrilled about it. I really wish people had a timeline for this stuff...it would be quite nice.

Thanks

The dev team made a release time once but that created a massive outrage by users when it was missed because of issues. That is why they do not give out ETA on jailbreaks or unlocks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i think i read on musclenerd's twitter that it is a scam

Thanks

The Dev team even posted on their blog that it was a scam.

Update #3: Remember, there are scammers everywhere in the iPhone scene. The latest one involves something called “ClawPack”. Avoid this costly, untested, and certainly unendorsed ripoff of our free software.
    Source: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Thanks

Default Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    The Dev team provides these tools for free. Please avoid this scam. Most of these sites sell you the exact software or slightly modifed software that the teams made for free.
    Unfortunatly l had to say something cause l got scammed from one of these websites and its still going updating its graphics saying it can unlock ios 4.They are scams and thanks for commenting.When l had originaly found this out it was before the dev team had made the post on it.l've read the post and cheers.I think l'll wait for limera1n to come out,or an update on the pwnage tool that will do 3gs 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by AMTK62 View Post
    Unfortunately I fell for it and bought their "product" on Monday. Here is a link to the website I was emailed to go to unlock--it's a safe URL, don't worry: UnlockIphoneUS - 1 Click, 2min iPhone 3G/3GS Software Unlock guaranteed
    Yesterday I got an email saying that my transaction did not go through. They invited me to go back to their page to buy their junkware all over again. Um, no thanks.
    Unfortunately these idiots are the first thing that comes up when you do a Google search for unlocking your iPhone. I, like the other poster above, just want to unlock my phone for T-Mobile...that's it.
    I neally was thinking of buying it l've been scammed before on one of those unlock sites.Wait for the dev team updates.
    Last edited by dasweetdude; 2010-07-01 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost