Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking with ultrasn0w 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom & 05.13.03

Question Unlocking with ultrasn0w 3gs 3.1.3 new bootrom & 05.13.03
    Okay I have a 3gs 3.1.3 w/ new bootrom jailbroken with spirit. From my understanding of what i've read i should be able to unlock correct? The only thing I see different with mine is that i have baseband 05.13.03 because I had an early ios4.

I used ultrasn0w turned off 3g and wifi and rebooted. Entered epc.tmobile.com and tried wap.voicestream.com but either way im still stuck at Searching... I've also tried re-installing ultrasn0w a few times with different methods turning things on and off.

Any suggestions? Is the 05.13.03 baseband what is holding me back? any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How on earth have you got baseband on that firmware that's strange

Oh well I did update to the dev ios4 then downgraded back to 3.1.3 so I was stuck maybe on the first ios4 version that became available.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Do you still have the phone making calls and did you save your blobs to restore back to that firmware

Upgrade to a stock 4.0 and downgrade back to 3.1.3, only to get the 5.13.04 BB since it's confirmed unlockable using ultrasn0w 0.93.

hope could help.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

Is it possible to upgrade to 4.0 and downgrade back to 3.1.3? even though apple is not signing 3.1.3 anymore?

Thanks

#1 You can only downgrade if you have your SHSH files saved.
    #2 Downgrading only downgrades the firmware, not the baseband.

i have the shsh files saved for 3.1.3 and im not trying to downgrade it im trying to upgrade it to 05.13.04 because im on 05.13.03 I dont know if that will make a big difference in the unlock but im willing to give it a try.

Do I use the method of installing 4.0 then downgrade to stock 3.1.3 and then running the spirit jailbreak after i get an error code?

Will this method work for me HOW TO: Downgrade iPhone OS 4.0 To 3.1.3 [ Mac and Windows ] | FSMdotCOM ?
    Last edited by hiitsmikee; 2010-06-30 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here are the steps,
    1) Restore to a stock (Original) 4.0 Firmware.
    2) Using the SHSH, restore back to 3.1.3.
    ---If you get an error number 1015 (Hope you won't :]) use iReb to pass over it
    3) Activate your iPhone by iTunes.
    4) Run Spirit to Jailbreak your iPhone.
    5) Install Ultrasn0w 0.93 from Cydia.

If you face any problem, post it and you'll get help immediately!

wait frmo what i read ireb is only to be used with iphone 3g? or am i mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by hiitsmikee View Post
    wait frmo what i read ireb is only to be used with iphone 3g? or am i mistaken
    No, iReb 'Fix recovery mode' (error 1015) can be used also for 3G[S], but another functions are not working on 3G[s], thats right, but the you need is ok.