Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon 3g Unlock. Please look.

Default Verizon 3g Unlock. Please look.
    I've had a couple of different iphones. I know all about jailbreaking, and unlocking. I know that there has to be some way to unlock on verizon. I know that verizon is the U.S runs on a cdma network, but they know offer sim cards that are gsm. For example the blackberry story, the tour is different because unlock the storm that is for global use i believe. Even if verizon's service is cdma i should be able to stick a gsm sim card in, and still be able to rom on T-mobile or at&t correct?

Even if this isn't possible their should be a way to get cdma network on a gsm sim card, and run it like that? I just tried this with a tour sim card, but it didn't work. I'm wondering if a blackberry storm sim would work because that is not for global..

I have done tons of research for that, and I have done tons of research for it. It seems all the good sites, and articles have been removed, and i am assuming this is because verizon does not want you to use non verizon phones because they aren't cool like t-mobile.

Even if there is not a easy solution, there should be a way to hard mod the phone to get it to work, correct? I've seen articles about this, but i can't seem to find it now that i need it.

If you could please just send me any useful links you can find or explain a solution i would be extremly grateful.

Thank you
    -Brandon

No. Please read throughout the fourms

Thanks

sorry dude it isnt possible....if it was , it would have been done years ago when the first iphone came into play

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Basically the GSM sim slot is there to give you the option to use a service over seas since CMDA is mostly a USA thing. So if you travel there you can buy say O2 service since you will not have Verizon service.

So your balckberry sim slot can be used in theory to use ATT. So in all you still will not be on Verizon service.

Hopefully you understand what I am saying.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

I have looked throught the fourms. That's why I posted a thread bro. Just because I havnt posted here before doesn't mean I'm an idiot. Most of the threads are old, that didn't cover like any of my question. If I unlock an iPhone and I use the verizon chip out of the us will it work? And is there no way of hard moding it to work with CDMA cards?

Verizon's Officialy Now A GSM Carrier - Well, assuming you don't look at the actual network (yet)... - dslreports.com

Well if finally found this. So I'm assuming this is proof it is possible now?

So according to this article no later then we will be able to use iphone 3g on Verizon..

And yes I completely see what you are saying
    Last edited by Branew17; 2010-06-30 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Verizon and ATT and others will be moving to LTE very, very soon so then all will be on the same technology. That is when Verizon will be mixed in.

As for hard modding it I would say possible but would need a lot of coding also to get it to read the radio. LTE is right around the corner so we may see the LTE iPhone next year.

Okay so i understand about the LTE coming up at the end of this year, so is this just saying they will all be on equal technology for the future, but will this not make past GSM phones possible to work with verizon?

I don't even have verizon. I have t-mobile. I just know a lot of people the have verizon that would love to know if this is true

Thanks

LTE will also support seamless passing to cell towers with older network technology such as GSM, cdmaOne, W-CDMA (UMTS), and CDMA2000.
    Co-existence with legacy standards (users can transparently start a call or transfer of data in an area using an LTE standard, and, should coverage be unavailable, continue the operation without any action on their part using GSM/GPRS or W-CDMA-based UMTS or even 3GPP2 networks such as cdmaOne or CDMA2000)

Source: [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution]3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sweet, that sounds like awesome news, and from my understanding the old iphones will be able to work on verizon. Of course this is not at all for sure. Just hope.

But thank you cerote, looking up LTE did not cross my mind...
    Any one else have a view on it?