Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No luck unlocking my 3gs

Default No luck unlocking my 3gs
    I have a 3Gs with stock 3.1.3 with the old bootrom.The baseband is 5.12.01 and i jailbroke it with spirit. I need to unlock it so i can use my blackberry data plan on it. I tried ultrasnow and it's not working. I know i cant upgrade to 4.0 because there is no jailbreak for it yet and i cant downgrade to 3.1.2 because i never got the shsh files for it.

Am i out of luck for now? I think i still have to wait for an new JB/Unlock program. Just wondering what to do now. I've read tons of posts but none are helping me out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by excaliburlives View Post
    I have a 3Gs with stock 3.1.3 with the old bootrom.The baseband is 5.12.01 and i jailbroke it with spirit. I need to unlock it so i can use my blackberry data plan on it. I tried ultrasnow and it's not working. I know i cant upgrade to 4.0 because there is no jailbreak for it yet and i cant downgrade to 3.1.2 because i never got the shsh files for it.

Am i out of luck for now? I think i still have to wait for an new JB/Unlock program. Just wondering what to do now. I've read tons of posts but none are helping me out.
    Did you install Ultrasn0w version 0.9.3 from this repo :
    repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Try uninstalling it again and then reinstall to see if that will fix your problem

I tried a few times, didnt work. I just think you cant unlock a 3gs that has been JB with spirit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by excaliburlives View Post
    I tried a few times, didnt work. I just think you cant unlock a 3gs that has been JB with spirit.
    It is possible because of compatibilty issue, I am not sure because I don't use Spirit. Hopefully someone can shine some light on this..

I guess i'll just have to wait for the new spirit JB.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i believe you are correct with the statement about not being able to unlock after jailbreaking with spirit. i have been looking into unlocking my friends iphone and i believe i remember reading somewhere (i think on this site) that you cannot unlock if you jailbreak with spirit however i also read that using 0.9.3 will work with spirit. so ive read mixed responses.
    Last edited by beems; 2010-06-30 at 09:06 AM.

I have 2 3GS on oem 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit. Unlocked with unltrasn0w from cydia make sure u turn off 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    I have 2 3GS on oem 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit. Unlocked with unltrasn0w from cydia make sure u turn off 3G.
    Can you relock it later if you want? I have the same 3GS with the same specs as excaliburlives. Is it possible to just restore it back to factory settings and then updating it to 4.0 (with no interest in jailbreaking it or unlocking it after?)

Thanks!

it will not see your sim unless you put in network settings for tMobile... after you start putting in network settings it will see it... Call TMobile.. they will walk you through it.

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser1234567 View Post
    Can you relock it later if you want? I have the same 3GS with the same specs as excaliburlives. Is it possible to just restore it back to factory settings and then updating it to 4.0 (with no interest in jailbreaking it or unlocking it after?)

Thanks!
    Yes, you can easily lock it again just by restoring it.