Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g wont connect to internet

Thanks
    Default 3g wont connect to internet
    I shift restored from 3.1.2 jb and unlocked to 4.0 jb and unlocked but i cant connect to the internet although i can text and make calls. It doesnt allow me to add 3services to cellular settings in network in general in settings app.

You should be restoring OS4 with custom firmware that is avalible in the internet then you will be able to do the APN settings to access internet from your iPhone

im having the same problem. i jailbroke and unlocked an already upgraded iphone 3G iOS4 and tmobile is my carrier so in my network settings i have to turn off my 3g and leave my data roaming on, then it tells me to select Cellular Data Network, but that button is an on/off toggle so i cant select it. If anyone can help thatd be amazing

Try This
    Step 1: Connect to the internet via WiFi

Step 2: Go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone - in Safari

Step 3: Select custom APN and choose your carrier

Step 4: Click install for the custom APN and data should now work over 3G/Edge

Thanks
    Default no apn settings
    Done and dusted. Followed #2 at http://www.*****************/showthr...904#post167904 and only put my sim card in at the very end and it worked. Planet 3 settings in settings,general,phone but couldnt edit apn settings for some reason. Oh well by following this my apn setting where saved in the phone anyway.
    Beauty everything is up and running. Apple iphone 3g jb and unlkd on 4.0 defeated again

but how do you get MMS to work?

I used the configuration utility to install an APN profile. But how to install an MMS profile???? Please help
    T4