Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help, on 3.1.2, unlocked w/both snows, phone still not unlocked???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help, on 3.1.2, unlocked w/both snows, phone still not unlocked???
    Ok, heres one for the unlock gurus... Im an iPhone dealer and Ive been selling unlocked iPhones for over a year now and Ive always unlocked them the same way. No problems ever with getting them to work with other sim companies once I unlocked them.

But now Ive got a 3g 8gb on 3.1.2 and first I put ultrasnow on it.
    I went to sell it and when the couple tried there tmobile sim, all it said is No Service. No "Searching", no anything.
    So then I took the phone back to my house, embarrassed by looking like an idiot or a scammer. I removed ultrasn0w and re-unlocked with blacksn0w.

I went back, tried both of there tmobile sims and each one just said no service, sometimes no sim.

I can put my AT&T sim in just fine and everything works perfect. The ONLY thing I did different with this phone is I jailbroke it with Redsnow 9.4 I beleive. All other times I JB with blackrain or spirit but BR is having issues with my computer at the moment.

Is this phone unlocked or not? Ive had both unlock packages on, and when tmobile sims were inserted they did not work like they ALWAYS do.

Any thoughts???

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Try turning 3G off when you have the AT&T sim in to see if it is picking up the 2G signal. I came across an iphone once that was unlocked but for some reason would not pick up a 2G signal only 3G. Obviously something was wrong with the radio but don't know what.

The baseband is corrupt, update to 4.0, jailbreak with redsn0w, and apply ultrasn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I turned 3g off the second time I went back. I tried my sim after theres still didnt work and Edge came up with AT&T perfectly.

Ok so will I need any SH's to upgrade with custom firmware or...?
    I havent tried this yet.

Thanks for the help btw.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No need for SHSH with a 3G iphone. Just update then use redsnow to jailbreak and ultrasnow to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    No need for SHSH with a 3G iphone. Just update then use redsnow to jailbreak and ultrasnow to unlock.
    QFT

Just be sure to restore, not update. (since your already having a problem, it'll be best to start from scratch, rather than updating what you have)

and setup as a new phone to avoid any issues. (be sure your contacts and stuff are manually synced with iTunes, in the info tab)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

try this link to unlocked the BB 5.12.01, just working great for me and few my friends. pls note here some iphone is not jailbreak by using snowbreeze 3.1.3, so try use redsnow and it will done in few min. hope this will help all of iphone users.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 3G, 3GS Using UltraSn0w