Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noobie Attack : Precaution to be taken with unlocked iPhone

Default Noobie Attack : Precaution to be taken with unlocked iPhone
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know what precautions should be taken to prevent an unlocked phone from getting locked again, besides the obvious part of not upgrading the firmware unless lord iPhoneDevTeam allows to.

Also can I use iTunes or not? Currently I have blocked iTunes from connecting to internet using firewall and using hosts file too. I dont need it to buy songs and stuff. Just to transfer songs. I know there must be other software for it too. But just asking if iTunes can cause any problem unless I ask it to upgrade my firmware.

Thanks,
    chaggs

You can't update or restore the firmware

you can't uninstall ultrasn0w in cydia

Other than that, its a normal phone
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chaggs View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know what precautions should be taken to prevent an unlocked phone from getting locked again, besides the obvious part of not upgrading the firmware unless lord iPhoneDevTeam allows to.

Also can I use iTunes or not? Currently I have blocked iTunes from connecting to internet using firewall and using hosts file too. I dont need it to buy songs and stuff. Just to transfer songs. I know there must be other software for it too. But just asking if iTunes can cause any problem unless I ask it to upgrade my firmware.

Thanks,
    chaggs
    All you need to do is in Itunes, under Edit > Preference > Check for updates automatically ( uncheck it ). Then Itunes won't automatically download and updates your software without your approval.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

outback (2010-06-28)

Also, keep a close eye on the forums in the iPhone Unlocking/Jailbreaking area. They always tell you what BL/JB/Firmware versions are unlockable at the current time. The biggest dont is what yeow202 said, preventing iTunes from installing the newest firmware.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!