Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant unlock NON-USA iPhone 3gs

Default Cant unlock NON-USA iPhone 3gs
    I purchased an iPhone off of eBay around a year ago and it was shipped from Singapore to me. I had a hard time getting it to work on AT&T but it worked after messing around for a bit. Now I have sold this phone to use my new phone and can not get this to unlock for AT&T or T-Mobile.

Model MC137LL
    Serial Number ***36*******
    Bootloader 05.12.01
    Firmware 3.1.2

My process is

Get into DFU
    Shift+Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes
    get error 1015 and use redsn0w to get out of the restore loop
    blackra1n to jailbreak and sn0w from blackra1n to unlock.

I do not get any carrier or network information.

You don't use both redsn0w and blackra1n...

and blacksn0w is not 5.12.01 compatible...

restore to 3.1.2, use redsn0w to get out of recovery loop (or blackra1n, but you'll have to download cydia manually)

you should now have cydia on your springboard.

add repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your sources, download and install ultrarsn0w

Reset all networks settings after reboot just to clear all previous network settings

and you should be fully unlocked after that.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 05:54 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jds1469 View Post
    I purchased an iPhone off of eBay around a year ago and it was shipped from Singapore to me. I had a hard time getting it to work on AT&T but it worked after messing around for a bit. Now I have sold this phone to use my new phone and can not get this to unlock for AT&T or T-Mobile.

Model MC137LL
    Bootloader 05.12.01
    Firmware 3.1.2

My process is

Get into DFU

After using Redsn0w to get out of the loop, insert your ATnT sim card to activate, run spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Quote Originally Posted by jds1469 View Post

Model MC137LL
    Bootloader 05.12.01
    Firmware 3.1.2

My process is

Get into DFU

After using Redsn0w to get out of the loop, insert your ATnT sim card to activate, run spirit and unlock with Ultrasn0w.

Or if you use Blackra1n to jailbreak, which also hactivates it, it is better to use Ultrasn0w to unlock. ( the original Blacsn0w from geohot is abit buggy )
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yeow younneed to stop bricking peoples devices, you have some knowledge, but oviously lack the experience.

Aka you don't need to run spirit after redsn0w, redsn0w will take you out of the boot loop, and jailbreak the device

And secondly blacksn0w is a little buggy yes, but that's not the why he shouldn't use that, ultrasn0w is the only unlock for 5.12.01.
    While you told another user to unlock with blackra1n on their 5.12 3GS, which later led to his phone being bricked, and stuck on 4.0 locked
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Yeow your an idiot and need to stop bricking peoples devices, you have some knowledge, but oviously lack the experience.

Aka you don't need to run spirit after redsn0w, redsn0w will take you out of the boot loop, and jailbreak the device

And secondly blacksn0w is a little buggy yes, but that's not the why he shouldn't use that, ultrasn0w is the only unlock for 5.12.01.
    While you told another user to unlock with blackra1n on their 5.12 3GS, which later led to his phone being bricked, and stuck on 4.0 locked
    Stop making remarks like that :
    read carefully, he uses Redsn0w to get out of loop and not jailbreak. to get out of error 1015. I didn't tell him to unlock with Blackra1n. read carefully and understand the English please
    Secondly the new unlock ultrasn0w version 0.93 unlocks all bb from 3.0 to 4.0 , didn't you know that. Read the proper english.
    Now you tell me who is the idiot?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 09:39 PM.

Lol of course I knew that, but u told someone in another thread earlier today to use blacksn0w on his 3.1.3 3GS. Which resulted in bricking his device.

And I'm telling you, you use redsn0w to get out of the loop, jailbreak, and hacktivate in this certain situation. Redsn0w is a jailbreak software, that's what it's ment for. You can't just use different software, from different developers, and expect it to all work together
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Edit: sorry for calling u an idiot, dunno how to edit from my phone, but I will once I get home.

Lol of course I knew that, but u told someone in another thread earlier today to use blacksn0w on his 3.1.3 3GS. Which resulted in bricking his device.

And I'm telling you, you use redsn0w to get out of the loop and jailbreak. Redsn0w is a jailbreak software, that's what it's ment for. You can't just use different software, from different developers, and expect it to work all together
    OK , I accept your apologize, I usually don't make remarks on people posting the wrong answer, I usually give my opinion and if they like they can follow my instructions. I think it is bad to comment on other people's thread who is also trying to help. The person who asks the question will have to decide which path to take.
    One note here since you mentioned Blacksn0w. Blacksn0wRC2 will unlock BB 05.11.07 at OS 3.1.3 from restoring to an edited (not custom fw) copy of 3.1.3 for new bootrom.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 10:43 PM.

Haha now that's a PWN!!

Got it with ultrasn0w. It's on it's way to Canada to be used. I can't believe how much people pay for unlocked phones. Sold my 8gb 3G for $299 and my 32gb 3GS for $525. Paid for my two iPhone 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    OK , I accept your apologize, I usually don't make remarks on people posting the wrong answer, I usually give my opinion and if they like they can follow my instructions. I think it is bad to comment on other people's thread who is also trying to help. The person who asks the question will have to decide which path to take.
    One note here since you mentioned Blacksn0w. Blacksn0wRC2 will unlock BB 05.11.07 at OS 3.1.3 from restoring to an edited (not custom fw) copy of 3.1.3 for new bootrom.
    First and foremost this is a forum, if you see someone posting something wrong, bring it up, or at least talk about it, thats what we are all here for, to learn about the thing we love. Theres no point on letting something continue, if you feel its wrong. You don't have to change everyones thoughts, but just let people know where your coming from.

Secondly, what is the difference between an edited ipsw, and a custom ipsw? edited=custom, at least to my knowledge. And if thats the case, custom ipsw's do NOT work with new boot rom 3gs's, i'd LOVE for you to prove me wrong on this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do!

And third, its not the question askers task to choose the proper path, they are asking the question, its our responsibility to give one concise answer. not 3 different conflicting methods, to confuse the readers even more. (which is why its retarded to recommend spirit on top of redsn0w, it just complicates things, plus both programs use COMPLETELY different jailbreak methods)

All in all my apologizes for the rant, But it just pisses me off when someone tells me to read things over, then say some stupid sh** like
    "read carefully, he uses Redsn0w to get out of loop and not jailbreak. to get out of error 1015. I didn't tell him to unlock with Blackra1n. read carefully and understand the English please
    Secondly the new unlock ultrasn0w version 0.93 unlocks all bb from 3.0 to 4.0 , didn't you know that. Read the proper english.
    Now you tell me who is the idiot?"

When A/ you obviously didn't read my very first post on this thread, stating to not use blacksn0w, and to use ultrasn0w instead
    Then you still ignorantly repeated your wrong answer, as if it was the proper way to do things, when redsn0w is MUCH older than blackra1n, yet you didn't know that it was a jailbreak utility? Come on man, theres no need to answer peoples questions, if you don't even know what redsn0w does.

I'll be waiting to see some more information on a new bootrom 3gs running 3.1.3, unlocked on blacksn0w, w/ the 5.11.07 baseband.. PLEASE prove me wrong!
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 11:29 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

First and foremost this is a forum, if you see someone posting something wrong, bring it up, or at least talk about it, thats what we are all here for, to learn about the thing we love. Theres no point on letting something continue, if you feel its wrong. You don't have to change everyones thoughts, but just let people know where your coming from.

Secondly, what is the difference between an edited ipsw, and a custom ipsw? edited=custom, at least to my knowledge. And if thats the case, custom ipsw's do NOT work with new boot rom 3gs's, i'd LOVE for you to prove me wrong on this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do!

And third, its not the question askers task to choose the proper path, they are asking the question, its our responsibility to give one concise answer. not 3 different conflicting methods, to confuse the readers even more. (which is why its retarded to recommend spirit on top of redsn0w, it just complicates things, plus both programs use COMPLETELY different jailbreak methods)

All in all my apologizes for the rant, But it just pisses me off when someone tells me to read things over, then say some stupid sh** like
    "read carefully, he uses Redsn0w to get out of loop and not jailbreak. to get out of error 1015. I didn't tell him to unlock with Blackra1n. read carefully and understand the English please
    Now you tell me who is the idiot?"

When A/ you obviously didn't read my very first post on this thread, stating to not use blacksn0w, and to use ultrasn0w instead
    Then you still ignorantly repeated your wrong answer, as if it was the proper way to do things, when redsn0w is MUCH older than blackra1n, yet you didn't know that it was a jailbreak utility? Come on man, theres no need to answer peoples questions, if you don't even know what redsn0w does.

I'll be waiting to see some more information on a new bootrom 3gs running 3.1.3, unlocked on blacksn0w, w/ the 5.11.07 baseband.. PLEASE prove me wrong!
    Please do some research or post up a thread the difference between an edited copy and custom made copy. Just a clue for you . An edited copy will eventually error out at #6, while a custom copy is made from pwnage tools or snowbreeze. I must have helped and given my edited copy of 3.1.3 ipsw to about 30 guys here in the forum and 90% were successful, and only 10 % were unsuccessful because of the DFU issue (Total Black), I know I can't be wrong.
    Next Redsn0w has been used widely to error out 1015 and he has already used that as shown in his post. Post a thread and ask someone to answer.
    And lastly you don't call or start your message calling people Idiot , I can be very offensive if treated in an abusive manner, but I am calm until I blow my temper. I am not going to say anything or reply anymore to you this time so don't bother replying, Period.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-28 at 03:23 AM.

Why would I make a new thread to debate this?
    Why are you running away from a debate? I'm not trying to piss you off, I'm just trying to learn. And asking questions is how I do that. Thats the only reason for the forums existence, and who knows, maybe some of people will come across this thread in the future, and we can clear a few things up
    as for the whole redsn0w thing, I KNOW it takes it out of the 1015 error, but so does blackra1n. But either way, when you use redsn0w to get rid of the 1015 error, your phone already will have cydia on it, which means there is absolutely no gain in using another jailbreak, you will only damage the file system.

And trust me, I did some research on "edited ipsw" on here, google, and bing. And guess what the results were? All links to pwnage tools (hence why I said edited=custom)

And I'm not doubting you have gotten a 3GS to use 5.11 on 3.1.3, that's easy. But my question was never answered, have you loaded a NEW bootrom 3GS with a custom or "edited" ipsw?

Plus a 10% fail rate is very unacceptable.. (maybe those were all newboot rom devices?)

again i'm not trying to piss you off, and like i said it was completely uncalled for, and i apologize for starting my original post calling you an idiot, but if you knew how funny it is to hear someone say, "use redsn0w to get out of the 1015 error, and then spirit to jailbreak" I mean thats just pure comedy! (as an iPhone repair shop owner that is)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-28 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks

When you encounter error 1015, I usually recommend quickpwn, ireb gui, irecovery or rslite to use. Why is quickpwn used here , isn't it use to jailbreak, my answer is Yes, but not in the case. I don't recommend Redsn0w when an error 1015 is encountered, but through assisting people on messenger, I have learned that they used it to error out 1015, once their Iphone goes into Emergency Screen , they would close it. From the beginning of this post, I know exactly what he did, he specifically mentioned that he uses Redsn0w to get out of error 1015, and got booted to Emergency Screen and closed Redsn0w immediately and did not use it to jailbreak. I know you could but not in this case. If you want you can check my threads , I have mentioned many times, do not apply two jailbreaks on a newly restored Iphones.
    Ok, lets get to the next thing, An edited copy is not equal to custom made copy. An edited copy is a copy whereby you take the original 3.1.3 ipsw and remove the BB flashing part so that you could use it to restore to 3.1.3 ipsw on a New bootrom. Those were the days , when people were caught in that situation whereby they don't have the 3.1.2 shsh file and are forced to update. If they didn't have this copy , they would lose their unlock. This copy will work on New Bootrom and once restored, they could unlock it with Blacksn0wRC2, Spirit jailbreak was already out.
    I personally don't have this issue because i have the old bootrom, I just made it up to help these people. This explains why I say you are wrong in this manner , Edited copy is not equal to Custom copy.
    The next thing about the success rate, the 10 % that were not successful was due to some reasons, they were applying the wrong tools and no matter what they tried before using the Edited copy, their Iphones were already permanently stuck at the so called DFU mode (permanenntly black) , they couldn't trigger it to Recovery mode. When I help them on messenger, obviously I don't have a physical hands on the iphone. I wasn't sure whether they didn't know how to do it or it was a permanent state. It could be that the new bootrom, when you apply too many jailbreak tools wrongly, it locks up and becones Black (Dead), I don't know, don't quote me. But to those who could get in Recovery mode were successful, and they have became my friends on messenger list, once in awhile they see me online they would say hi to me or ask me questions when they have some problems.
    BabyPimp, we are here to learn and teach people, we are not here to criticize , insult nor give remarks. You can't find a thread of mine the word Idiot. How would you feel if I call you idiot, you would be mad , right. We are all humans, have feelings. Even animals have feelings, I don't go around critising, if i do ,I will do it as a joke and it would end with a smile or LOL.
    I spent time here as a hobby reading and give my opinions, I don't make money, i am not hired by this website. In fact I have spent too much time on the messenger , now I have decided no more messenger help from me.
    Anyway, I have no grudges nor mad at you now since you have apologized for calling me an Idiot. I am an educated and reasonable guy. I can be tolerant to some degree. I know you have spent alot of your time helping guys here and so am I. But frankly speaking, I don't think it is worth it, I will slow down on this forum and spend more time doing other producitve work. You have been really helpful to many people but humans are not perfect , they do make mistakes and I will admit if I do.
    It is getting late, so I will get off now. I hope we are still friends on this forum.

Of course bro!
    I've learned some stuff, and that's all I wanted to do.
    I've never seen an edited ipsw that worked on the new bootrom so that's news to me.
    And like I said, I love learning, it's why I'm here most of the time. So thanks for bringing some light to some of those questions.
    Take it easy!