Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pretty sure i destroyed my phone....:(

Unhappy pretty sure i destroyed my phone....:(
    i got a 3gs, OS 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01. i did a spirit jailbreak, then tried to use blackrain to unlock. i put the blackrain source into cydia, then installed the blacksnow package. then, cydia would not restart after 30 minutes. so i did a forced restart and now my phone wont get off the apple logo (wont get back to the main screen)....

THEN, i put the phone into recovery mode, and dfu mode, and tried to restore it with a custom 3.1.3 ipsw, a regular 3.1.3. ipsw, and general restore through itunes. none worked.

i'm stuck with a phone that just has an apple logo and wont do anything more

HELP!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

use ireb or irecovery to get it out of recovery mode.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ComputerGeek96 For This Useful Post:

zimpah (2010-06-27)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zimpah View Post
    i got a 3gs, OS 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01. i did a spirit jailbreak, then tried to use blackrain to unlock. i put the blackrain source into cydia, then installed the blacksnow package. then, cydia would not restart after 30 minutes. so i did a forced restart and now my phone wont get off the apple logo (wont get back to the main screen)....

THEN, i put the phone into recovery mode, and dfu mode, and tried to restore it with a custom 3.1.3 ipsw, a regular 3.1.3. ipsw, and general restore through itunes. none worked.

i'm stuck with a phone that just has an apple logo and wont do anything more

HELP!!!!!!
    Did you edit your hosts file like i told you before you restore to 3.1.3, but you have to put your iphone in Recovery mode.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Did you edit your hosts file like i told you before you restore to 3.1.3, but you have to put your iphone in Recovery mode.
    i tried, but ended up destroying the "host" file. see the other post for a full explanation. essentially, the "host" file transformed into a "ms dos application" file, instead of what it used to be....

i tried to fix it but, can't find a solution....

Thanks

I can send you my host file, so it will be in the same format , all you need to do is to edit only those that do not contain this sign #, I have to give it to you through messenger or email. Only very few things is used.
    Make sure this time you use notepad

And it looks like the more you do , the more messy it gets....LMAO
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 06:33 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

zimpah (2010-06-27)

Last edited by zimpah; 2010-06-27 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok, i will do it right now.

Me too , i am on win 7

Go check your email, I also send you an app called Notepad ++, install it and is more readable.

I am on yahoo messenger now, if you want to chat with me
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i'm only on AIM, name is zimpah

whats your yahoo messenger name? i'll get on now
    Last edited by zimpah; 2010-06-27 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost