Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: other unlocking options

Default other unlocking options
    i posted a thread earlier about having the iphone 3gs 4.0 with the new boot rom and as i mentioned im not a patient person. so i went to the local mall and went around to electronic stores and verison said they could unlock iphones for 65 bucks and i found this other place that unlocks but i didnt get a price. do you think im getting ripped off and since the jailbreak isnt out for the new boot rom yet would they still be able to unlock it and make it work for tmobile... please haha im desperate
    leave your opinions please
    thanks

Ya I've seen earlier unlocks for all iPhones over on craigslist. It was some cell phone store. I never actualy bothered to go. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If it is Verizon, a reputable outlet and I don't know what the deal is, if they can ask Apple to factory unlock it, that would be great but you still cannot jailbreak , even factory unlock has no jailbreak at 4.0 for new bootrom. If it is software unlock , hmmm i wonder what it is gonna be...Did you ask if they can't do it for some reason, cah you get your money back.

Hey since you are impatience, I have a brand new iphone 32gb black, old bootrom with Brand new full body zagg shield and i have put on iOS 4.0 jailbroken and unlock ( i could go back to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 anytime if you rather have the older version )that I can sell to you..but I paid alot from Ebay just to keep it in case my present one breaks, it hasn't broken yet....

how much would you be seeling it for?
    how about we just trade and i give you my 16gb i just bought from ebay haha or i pay a difference

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwade2350 View Post
    how much would you be seeling it for?
    how about we just trade and i give you my 16gb i just bought from ebay haha or i pay a difference
    Did you find out about the deal from Verizon outlet? If it is software unlock, I don't think so unless it comes from Apple saying Congratulation your iphone is factory unlocked.

No I am keeping mine. I paid $770.00 US for this 32 gb last September 09, and I kept it till now, once in awhile I will take it out and turn it on and update Cydia to get all the shsh on that phone. Second thought, I don't really need all the shsh because I always use custom firmware on all my phones. The only time i use stock fw is at 3.0
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-27 at 06:41 AM.

nah i havent been to the mall, but i doubt they would give me a full refund if it doesnt turn out right. i am kinda of confused tho, excuse me bc im new to this, but am i supposed to ask them if they can do a software unlock and if so, i should do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwade2350 View Post
    nah i havent been to the mall, but i doubt they would give me a full refund if it doesnt turn out right. i am kinda of confused tho, excuse me bc im new to this, but am i supposed to ask them if they can do a software unlock and if so, i should do it?
    I think the new jailbreak for iOS 4.0 will be out sometime next week, maybe you should wait and be patience , it is worth waiting and you don't have to pay except donation to the team that releases it if you like...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dwade2350 (2010-06-27)

alright i will wait, thanks for the advice i really appreciate it. i hope it comes out next week lets all hope and pray haha