Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For the record, Can 3Gs - 3.1.3 fw - 5.12.01 bb and 6.4 BL be HACKTIVATED?

Default For the record, Can 3Gs - 3.1.3 fw - 5.12.01 bb and 6.4 BL be HACKTIVATED?
    As per the title.. Can it be hacktivated without the official/active carrier SIM?.. Am stuck on the emergency call screen with the vanilla/stock 3.1.3 firmware.

I have SHSH's on Saurik's server.

iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 can be jailbroken by Spirit and baseband 5.12 is now unlock-able with ultrasn0w 0.93

I am stuck at the emergency call screen because I cannot activate it.. I have the official, active SIM card in my possession as well and it is still not activating.

Spirit does not work with an unactivated iPhone, and blackra1n doesnt work on my iBoot.

I have tried three different builds of "hacktivated" 3.1.3's and all fail to restore. I have tried on 4 different computers and 3 different operating systems. The errors are variants of 16xx. The "verifying with apple servers" step is omitted and it goes straight to "preparing iphone for restore" and hangs there. Tried on itunes 9.0, 9.1, 9.11.

I am however able to restore to the official 3.1.3 unactivated version by directing iTunes to Saurik's server.

I tried umbrella TSS server activation as well to no avail.

I am contemplating putting the iPhone in a blender on the "ice crush" setting to see if it will fix my problems.
    Last edited by Aydn; 2010-06-26 at 01:08 PM.

Naseeh, 3.1.13 can only be jailbroken by spirit if the phone is already activated. The poster is asking about activating.

Aydn, please check your PM!

Please dont mind if i share "budu"'s message as it may help someone in another situation. He advised to use iReb which I have to no avail. I am on 3Gs and it has been reported to work for iBoots but not the newest... also, being stuck in recovery mode is not my issue, it's getting past the iTunes errors, which the 3G option in iReb has been known to help on some older iBoots 3Gs's.... ALSO the advice to "insert the official sim" would solve the issue entirely..

"Try dowloading iH8sn0w - iREB V3.1.2 For Windows and libusb-win32.

You have to install libusb-win32 first then run iREB v3.1.2.

Make sure your Iphone is on DFU mode, then click on FIX RECOVERY MODE LOOP & click on Iphone 3GS.

Open Itunes & install firmware 3.1.3 by SHIFT + restore! Be sure your officila sim card is inserted on ths iphone!
    "

lol buudu is such a spam bot. "please give me your email address so i can send you...." etc etc. theres a reason he sends it by PM.

OKAYyyyyyy

so this all happened because I was not in the same country. The way around that is a system-level proxy based in the country which the original carrier is from.

for you americans i reccomend hotspot shield from anchorfree.com
    Last edited by Aydn; 2010-06-27 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost